Using suboxone for pain control

This is where we will make important announcements, accept offers of helpful tips from members, and a place for questions and discussion regarding website and forum operations and procedures.
Our Code of Conduct is also viewable here.
adele casden

Using suboxone for pain control

Post by adele casden »

I am presently using phentenyl patch plus other medicine (Celebrex, Valium, lyrics)for pain control. I use norco for break thru pain. It's not working anymore. My pain doctor wants to put me on suboxone, which is also used for drug addicts to get off drugs. The problem is Suboxone doesn't allow one to take other medicine for break thru pain. Does anyone have any experience with this medicine? I am really desperate for help. I'm taking 150 mg of phentenyl, & when I went up to 200 I got so constipated, I got a hemorrhoid. I'm using stool softner & citrucil (fiber) So I went back to 150 mg (which I'm told is already too much). I am really a mess. All I can do is lay down. Is there a solution or is this hopeless? My pain doctor is very caring, but he's fairly new to this field. I don't think another Dr would want me. My pain is all rectal. I've had lots of blocks, & none have worked. I've tried 2 pain stimulators-they didn't work. I live in the Los Angekes area. I've had this -16 years, so I don't know if surgery could help me now. I never even heard of Pudendal Nerve entrapment, until a few years ago. I was just barely managing until 3 months ago. Sorry for going on so long, but I feel like life like this isn't worth living.
ezer

Re: Using suboxone for pain control

Post by ezer »

I used Butrans (Buprenorphine) --same formulation as Suboxone but in a much more convenient 7-day patch format. They offered amazing pain relief and worked around the clock. Give it a try.

Buprenorphine binds firmly to opioid receptors in the central nervous system, so it takes a large dose of full agonist opioids to displace the Buprenorphine. But in my experience with a patch of moderate strength, you can still use a full agonist opioid on top for breakthrough pain.
2002 PN pain started following a fall on a wet marble floor
2004 Headache in the pelvis clinic. Diagnosed with PNE by Drs. Jerome Weiss, Stephen Mann, and Rodney Anderson
2004-2007 PT, Botox, diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Sheldon Jordan
2010 MRN and 3T MRI showing PNE. Diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Aaron Filler. 2 failed PNE surgeries.
2011-2012 Horrific PN pain.
2013 Experimented with various Mind-body modalities
3/2014 Significantly better
11/2014 Cured. No pain whatsoever since
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Adele,

You can read Cora's posts about suboxone especially in this thread, starting with her May 15, 2012 post near the end of page 1 of the thread. http://www.pudendalhope.info/forum/view ... f=25&t=698

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Gewirtz_79

Post by Gewirtz_79 »

You should not consume suboxone as it is really not good for a normal person to take. Suboxone is given in drug treatment as you know. If want can consult to suboxone treatment virginia beach center. They can help you with this problem as it is a popular drug treatment center.
Amy01

Post by Amy01 »

Gewirtz_79 wrote:You should not consume suboxone as it is really not good for a normal person to take. Suboxone is given in drug treatment as you know. If want can consult to suboxone treatment virginia beach center. They can help you with this problem as it is a popular drug treatment center.
Agree with Gewirtz suboxone might not be the popular idea to introduce. Seeking second opinion is critical in this regard

Return to “ANNOUNCEMENTS & COMMUNITY”