Pain pump implant today Aug.4th

This is where we will make important announcements, accept offers of helpful tips from members, and a place for questions and discussion regarding website and forum operations and procedures.
Our Code of Conduct is also viewable here.

Pain pump implant today Aug.4th

Postby river133 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:22 am

THIS IS WORKING! I still need to have some tweaking in the next few weeks. I feel so much better already. Dr. Schultz told me they use a very small amount to begin with. It will be a couple of months before I get the right amount of fetenal, morphine,bupivacane. The procedure took 40 min.Iwas out of there about 3.30. The surgery took place at 1.00pm. Will be back there on the10th of Aug for changes that need to be made. I will be able to tell more in a couple of days. It is 7.20 standard time now. My life can resume!
Surgery Jan.05 2011 TG with Dr Antalok. Dr.Chambi May of 2012 showed injury from a fall on back, 11 years ago. My piriformis muscle caused a large amount of fibrosis .My sciatic nerve was growing through the piriformis muscle which caused a bifid p.muscle. . Dr Chambi decompressed the sciatic,pudendal,pfcn ,and peroneal nerves. I hope to have a nuerostimulator put in to help with the sciatic pain that never goes away. Most days are better with the pudendal if I do not sit at all.
river133

Re: Pain pump implant today Aug.4th

Postby Patty » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:53 am

So happy to read this. Fingers crossed it lasts.
Patty

Postby Violet M » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:22 am

Ellie, this is the happiest I have heard you sound for years! I'm so glad to hear this is working for you but please be careful and take it slowly until you know how it's going to work out. No dancing quite yet, OK? :lol: :lol:

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Violet M

Postby nyt » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:32 pm

Yippee! Keep us posted. I am so happy for you!
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
nyt

Postby janetm2 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:03 pm

Ellie,
So thrilled for you and second the dancing caution! Just doing some everyday things without agony will be wonderful.
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms (per colon-rectal dr.) treated by ElectroGalvanicStimulis(EGS). 6/27/10 sat too long on a hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, spine pain dr cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain started/surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job and join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone!
janetm2

Postby river133 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:21 pm

Today a lot of my pain has returned. It is ok,The implant nurse said it can take up to 6months to regulate the pain. I know Violet,no dancing for a while. The surgical pain is going to take a bit of time to recede. It has been placed in my behind. I am wearing a tight band around my waist that will need to be on day and night for 6 to 8 weeks..He said he wants it on for the pump to stay in place. An 86 year old women was also getting the pump the same day.Imagine that. !!
Ok,bear with me . I just read blightcp post. I am feeling sad for him. Lotta nerve had immediate relief. .
It will be different for all of us. Still learning,I am happy the pump is in. Good things will continue to happen. :D
Surgery Jan.05 2011 TG with Dr Antalok. Dr.Chambi May of 2012 showed injury from a fall on back, 11 years ago. My piriformis muscle caused a large amount of fibrosis .My sciatic nerve was growing through the piriformis muscle which caused a bifid p.muscle. . Dr Chambi decompressed the sciatic,pudendal,pfcn ,and peroneal nerves. I hope to have a nuerostimulator put in to help with the sciatic pain that never goes away. Most days are better with the pudendal if I do not sit at all.
river133

Postby river133 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:58 am

The Melrose Beacon Mn. There is article on the front page wth my picture. Perfect pastime Melrose Lady paints away her pain. Some thing like that. You will not be able to see the whole article,because you have to have a subscription. There is no way to post it. I talked about pudendal hope,and the support and info.we get from one another.
river133

Postby nyt » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:12 am

I was able to see you with your painting, how beautiful! I am so glad you were able to share your story. Keep us posted on your pump.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
nyt

Postby Violet M » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:50 am

Hmm...I couldn't find the picture of you, Ellie. Anyway, I'm hoping for the best for you. ;)

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Violet M

Postby nyt » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:06 pm

nyt

Next

Return to ANNOUNCEMENTS & COMMUNITY