pain pump still a work in progress

This is where we will make important announcements, accept offers of helpful tips from members, and a place for questions and discussion regarding website and forum operations and procedures.
Our Code of Conduct is also viewable here.
peg

Re: pain pump still a work in progress

Post by peg »

River 133,
My name is Peggy Rogers. I have lived with chronic neuropathic pelvic pain for the past 20 years. I developed pudendal neuropathy after a vaginal hysterectomy due to a vaginal cuff abscess. I've tried everything from surgery, medications, nerve blocks, neurostimulators, cryosurgery, radio frequency, injections, & intrathecal pump. The only thing that relieved my pain is stem cell therapy. I recently received stem cell paste injection into my damaged/ irritated pudendal nerve. The stem cells will expand to 4cm at the injection site. The stem cells will be healing and combating inflammation/ pain in the area. The stem cells will stay at that site for 2years. My physician, Dr. Todd Malan of Scottsdale AZ, harvested 70 million stem cells from my abdominal adipose tissue through a mini lipo-suction. Then the stem cells are separated & counted by computerized equipment. As of today, I haven't felt burning pelvic pain since the stem cell paste injection. I only feel pressure, tingling, & mild pelvic spasms. Which Dr. Malan told me is normal after a injection. Dr. Malan told me that this stem cell paste can be injected into any disclosure or or joint. Even if there is no cartilage in the joint. The stem cells will grow new cartilage for that joint. Dr. Malan travels worldwide teaching other physicians about stem cell therapy. If you would like more information about the stem cell paste injection, please send me a message. :D I'm planning on weaning off my intrathecal pump starting next week.
peg

Post by peg »

River133,
My name is Peggy Rogers. I have lived with chronic neuropathic pelvic pain for the past 20 years. I developed pudendal neuropathy after a vaginal hysterectomy due to a vaginal cuff abscess. I've tried everything from surgery, medications, nerve blocks, cryosurgery, radio frequency, injections, & intrathecal pump. The pump did give me back part of my life. But I had a few scary situations with it. Such as aspirating during my sleep . In which I was in ICU on a ventilator for a week. Withdrawals due to pump running out due to pain clinic error. Withdrawals from surgeon decreasing my dosage from 26mg/ day to 8mg/day. I presently at 11mg/day. Which is equivalent to 3300mg of oral pain medication. I recently received a stem cell paste injection into my damaged pudendal nerve area. The stem cells will expand to a 4cm circumference at the injection site. The stem cell paste contains a very high concentration of stem cells. The stem cells will be healing and combating inflammation/pain. The stem cells will stay at the injection site for 2years. It has been 9days since the injection. I only feel pressure, tingling, and mild pelvic spasms. My stem cell physician, Dr. Todd Malan of Scottsdale AZ, assured me that this is normal after a injection. Dr. Malan told me that this stem cell paste injection can also be injected into any disc or joint. Even if there is no cartilage in the joint. The stem cells will grow new cartilage for that joint. I'm hoping to wean off this pump starting next week. Another problem that I have developed with the pump is granuloma at the catheter site. This can cause a backup of the pump medication into the pump pocket. I'm glad that you are getting pain relief with the pump. But be aware of the problems associated with the pump.
stephanies

Post by stephanies »

Yes, you are correct about the risks associated with the pain pump. It is awful that there is so much uncertainty with treatments to help address our pain. Stem cells also carry risks and are quite expensive and largely unregulated by the FDA at the for-profit clinics that operate in the United States. I posted these articles elsewhere but will include here too:

http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/Consume ... 286155.htm

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NE ... rrentIssue

Stephanies
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.

Return to “ANNOUNCEMENTS & COMMUNITY”