HYDRODISSECTION | Seattle-ites Please Read

This is where we will make important announcements, accept offers of helpful tips from members, and a place for questions and discussion regarding website and forum operations and procedures.
Our Code of Conduct is also viewable here.
jhw325

HYDRODISSECTION | Seattle-ites Please Read

Post by jhw325 »

I had a consult with Dr. Leslianne Yen (link below) today in Seattle. She was recommended by Kathleen @ Sage Therapy (link below). Dr. Yen was...truly unbelievable. Her detailed was truly as thorough as I have ever read. She diagnosed me with Right PN (I have thought this all along) + some other nerve issues (I have lack of sensitivity throughout my right leg) and we have set the following action plan:
--Hydrodissection - 7 weeks out
--MRI of Lumbar Spine - 2 weeks out
--EMG/NCS Led my Dr. Droker (link below) - 3 - 4 weeks out
--Pelvic Floor Therapy with Kathleen - I start next week.

Dr. Yen knew her stuff. I was stunned. I thought I would come in and educated and she flipped the script.

I would love for anyone to chime in if they have thoughts on the Hydrodissection. Also, if you are in Seattle...we are in this together. Private message me - lets talk about these providers and our journeys. I moved hear recently and have educated myself on the landscape quickly and have strong grasp of options.

Very optimistic after today.

-Leslianne Yen: http://www.swedish.org/swedish-physicia ... &id=158090
-Kathleen Caples: http://sageptseattle.com/
-Dr. Droker: http://www.swedish.org/swedish-physicia ... &id=187741
--Male
--PN since June of 2016
--Onset from cycling
--Main symptoms: Lack of sensitivity in right scrotum and penis. Made much worse from sitting. Still sexually active but sensitivity varies.
--Other symptoms: Right hip/abductor/thigh/leg pain
--Formerly very active but currently no activity and stand at work.
Violet M

Re: HYDRODISSECTION | Seattle-ites Please Read

Post by Violet M »

Glad you found a physician you feel comfortable with, JH.

There are several people who have posted about hydrodissection -- you can do a search in the upper right corner.

Wishing you all the best as you pursue these treatment options. ;)

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
SkolHope

Post by SkolHope »

Hello,

My Physical Therapist reported great things about Dr. Yen and her Hydrodissections & Nerve Work, so I'll be traveling a state away to visit her. Since it's been about a year, I wanted to ask if you think your visits and treatment helped your condition.

Thanks!
Banderson

Post by Banderson »

I am currently receiving hydrodissection treatments from Dr. Yen.
She and her procedure were recommended by two of my PTs. Its takes a while to get in to see her so you may want to try Dr. Kim Harmon at UW Medicine who also performs this procedure.
I have symptoms that indicate both positively and negatively for PFCNE and PNE. She thought the PFCN was the most likely culprit so she has done two separate hydrodissection procedures along two different areas near the PFCN. Neither of these relieved my pain at all.
Last week I had a hydrodissection along a branch of my pudendal nerve. I had significant relieve the following day, less so the next day, and by the third day my pain was up to its usual level.
She wants a report two weeks after each procedure, to give the nerve some time to heal. I am still hopeful that the most recent procedure will help but if not we will try one more spot on the pudendal nerve.
Even if the pain does not stay resolved, this procedure may at least allow us to identify which part of which nerve is causing the pain. This will be useful for future treatments.
Aug'09- Soccer injury of upper right thigh. Aug'10- diagnosed with hamstring tendonosis. Rest, PT, massage, anti-inflamatories, steroid and PRP of hamstring insertion
Mar'12- PT resulted in pain with sitting and walking. Diagnosed with PNE
Mar'12-May'12- blocks and steroid injections of PN
May–Aug'12- diagnosed with enthesitis. Anti-inflamatories, IT steroid injection, Gabapentin
16Aug- positive PCFN block. Dellon recommends surgery but I want to confirm with imaging and/or 2nd opinion.
rjm53

Post by rjm53 »

I live in Eastern Washington and have a pudendal neuropathy, likely due to bike riding. Have been considering surgery, having failed steroid injections. How is you treatment going, if you don't mnd my asking.

Thanks.

Return to “ANNOUNCEMENTS & COMMUNITY”