Wanted - information for new book

This is where we will make important announcements, accept offers of helpful tips from members, and a place for questions and discussion regarding website and forum operations and procedures.
Our Code of Conduct is also viewable here.

Wanted - information for new book

Postby seashull » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:49 pm

My bicycling (a passion) was terminated 5 years ago by pudendal neuralgia and related ailments. In a book I am writing I intend to tell the cycling community about things they should do to help avoid injury and years of pain. I am looking for 3 or 4 bikers who have gone through a PN experience and would be willing to prepare a one-page summary of their experience for inclusion in such a book. I can provide them with more details. Reply to seashull@chartermi.net. Sam
seashull

Re: Wanted - information for new book

Postby Celeste » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:48 am

Please be cautious about sharing personal information, friends. The forums have been getting spammed a lot lately.
PNE as a result of childbirth, 2002. Treatment by the Houston team, with neurosurgery by Dr. Ansell in 2004. My left side ST and SS ligaments were found to be grown together, encasing the pudendal nerve.

I am cured. I hope you will be, too.

There are no medical answers on the forum. Your only hope is to go to a doctor. I was very happy with the Houston team, which has treated the most PNE patients (well over 400), more than any other US provider.

http://www.tipna.org
Celeste

Postby RJR » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:09 am

You can count me in.
RR
Cyclist till perineal pain onset R side (Apr'08). Dx with PN (Aug'09). Lyrica gave 30% pain reduction. Potter MRI (Oct'10) validated at surgery with Dr Hibner (Nov'10) - found nerve attached to scarred STL. Now sitting 10 hrs/day vs 1 hr/day pre-op. Occasional MRI-guided steroid injections by Dr. Jan Fritz at Johns Hopkins. Surgery video = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FDwana6SQU

Deep neuropathic burning pain flares have been gone since surgery...Grateful to Dr Hibner.
RJR

Postby Ray P. » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:30 pm

I got pne from bike riding.
Ray P.

Postby Charlie » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:23 am

Celeste wrote:The forums have been getting spammed a lot lately.

I agree
Tried numerous medications as well as a long period of myofascial physical therapy combined with meditation/relaxation. My pelvic floor muscles are now normal and relaxed on exam ( confirmed by many Pelvic floor PTs) yet my pain remains the same. Also have intense leg pain. Deciding on next treatment.
Charlie

Return to ANNOUNCEMENTS & COMMUNITY