Any DRG SCS approvals by Cigna?

This is where we will make important announcements, accept offers of helpful tips from members, and a place for questions and discussion regarding website and forum operations and procedures.
Our Code of Conduct is also viewable here.
MarianneB.

Any DRG SCS approvals by Cigna?

Post by MarianneB. »

Hi, my name is Marianne and I have had Pudendal Neuralgia for 5 years. It took me 3 years to get diagnosed. Then I went thru all the steps of treatment with no relief. Had transgluteal decompression by Dr. Conway July of 2016. That did prove I was entrapped but afterwards it just made me worse. In July of 2017 tried amniotic allograft no luck in September tried again still only slight relief. My doctor and I want a DRG SCS trial but Cigna has denied me twice. My doctor is filing an appeal now. I know i worked myself into the pain too long because I had just graduated nursing school and didn’t want to have to quit my first job. So I worked those long shifts into the pain much longer than I should have. Now I am paying for it. I am just wondering if anyone has gotten an approval from Cigna for one of these?
April

Re: Any DRG SCS approvals by Cigna?

Post by April »

Hi Marianne,

You could pm Kit to see if his insurance covered his, and if so, what he did to get the coverage. Maybe he would even post on the public board. I think we'd all be interested.

Good luck with this. Insurance battles are so disheartening.

April
Kit

Post by Kit »

Marianne, any luck getting Cigna to approve, with the insurance code My surgeon used?
Kit Male age 74 Sitting pains started 10/2003. I have had about 14 years of pudendal nerve pain, including 3 surgeries by Ansell, Filler, and Hibner. None did any good. But finally, I discovered the DRG (dorsal root ganglion) neurostimulator. It was implanted on Dec 28, 2017. It has been a miracle to me. My quality of life has improved 95%, and reduced the pain by about 60%. Anyone with Pudendal pain should consider a DRG neurostimulator.
MarianneB.

Post by MarianneB. »

No luck yet. I am sure they r in no hurry. I did however get a letter from disability and they approved my permanent disability application in relation to my student loan. I am so glad ! So now I do not have to make any student loan payments I am going broke as it is with all my medical bills.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Marianne, I just ran across an interesting article you might find helpful. I posted it at the following link:
http://www.pudendalhope.info/forum/view ... =16&t=8739
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “ANNOUNCEMENTS & COMMUNITY”