ACT Health incontinence clinic

Dr Thierry Vancaillie
catherine a

Re: ACT Health incontinence clinic

Post by catherine a »

Hi Sunil,

This is great news about the ACT clinic. Australia is on a huge learning curve when it comes to PN. Hopefully more health care professionals will find an interest in this area.
It is our journey with raising awareness that will bring them to our website. After reading your posts, I'm going to seek out an osteopath in Perth. Although I've had nerve release surgery 3 years ago, I still have a lot of pain from the hips and lower back. Very, very stiff. I walk 3kms every other day which helps keep me moving but I need more exercise and I don't know where to start. Pain is worse when sitting so I haven't pursued yoga as yet either. Actually, I think I'm just procrastinating here.

I do my own internal vaginal massage with Lignocaine smeared on the dilator. I don't do it every day as the internal pain is not too bad. Just the odd day where the pain would be higher than usual.
Thanks for your updates. We are actually teaching the medics here.

Catherine
2004 PNE following vag. hysterectomy and A & P repair. 2007 TIR surgery France. severe entrapment at Alcocks canal & SS ligaments . Have my life back. 90% cured.No longer have medical appts.or physio.Some pain remains but is tolerable. 2012 Flew from Australia to the UK without pain flare. Very manageable. Almost back to normal. Now hold support group meetings at KEMH Subiaco Perth WA. Every 2nd Sat. of the month. Still pace my activities. PN doesn't dominate any more.

Return to “AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND”