PNE surgery withProfVancaille

Dr Thierry Vancaillie
ElizaM

PNE surgery withProfVancaille

Post by ElizaM »

Hi everyone. I'm new to this site. I am having surgery in July with Dr Vancaille for my left sided pudendal nerve compression. I would be interested in hearing from others who have had this surgery with him and what to expect in regards to recovery and if the surgery was successfu. Thanks
PN Left sided started April 2013 after TVT sling surgery for stress incontinence. Nov 2013 surgery reviewed by another surgeon and sling removed as found to be incorrectly inserted on left side. Pain gradually increased. 2014 Prof Vancaille diagnosed PN. PT, nerve blocks, botox, pulsed radio frequency tried with no success. PNE diagnosed by MRI result. July 2015 Pudendal nerve release surgery with Prof Theiry Vancaille and Dr Loefler.
Violet M

Re: PNE surgery withProfVancaille

Post by Violet M »

Eliza, I wish you all the best with your surgery. You can do a search on Prof. Vancaillie's name in the search bar in the upper right to read what patients have posted about him. If I remember correctly, I think bindy15 and ness70 posted their results of surgery with him.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
ElizaM

Post by ElizaM »

Thank you Violet. I will try this. Still learning my way around the site. How do you add the details below your name about how you got PNE and what you have tried etc? Wonderful to read that you have healed from this condition. Gives us all hope. Thanks again. :)
PN Left sided started April 2013 after TVT sling surgery for stress incontinence. Nov 2013 surgery reviewed by another surgeon and sling removed as found to be incorrectly inserted on left side. Pain gradually increased. 2014 Prof Vancaille diagnosed PN. PT, nerve blocks, botox, pulsed radio frequency tried with no success. PNE diagnosed by MRI result. July 2015 Pudendal nerve release surgery with Prof Theiry Vancaille and Dr Loefler.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Eliza, to add a signature that shows up on every post, go to the User Control Panel (upper left) and click on the Profile tab and then on the left menu click on Edit Signature. Type in what you want it to say and submit.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Newdad

Post by Newdad »

Hi Eliza,

I had surgery Jan 2014, 18 months later almost 95% better. Back to normal sitting at work, back playing sports that are hard on the pelvis (golf etc) and dont even think about it anymore. So good that I havent seen a physio in a year and 6 months since I last saw my massage therapist.

My results of surgery are in this forum, I was looking for a quick fix/recover, the Prf said look at 12 -18 months to see significant results, he was right, dont rush it.
stephanies

Post by stephanies »

Glad to hear you are doing so well!

Stephanies
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.
ElizaM

Post by ElizaM »

Thanks for replying. Wonderful to hear that you are doing so well. Had my surgery last Friday and at the moment I'm in much worse nerve pain. I'm hoping this is normal to have a 'flare' after surgery. Did you feel worse for a while before you got better?
Rosemary

Post by Rosemary »

i have not had the surgery Eliza so can't comment on your flare of pain but remember others posting about how to recover using Dr Conways advise - if it is of any help here is the post - it is under the US section.

http://www.pudendalhope.info/forum/view ... =50&t=5197

Rosemary X
ElizaM

Post by ElizaM »

Thanks so much Rosemary :)
bindy15

Post by bindy15 »

Hi Eliza,
For the first time in about 5 years I sat down and read my PN journals and was reminded vividly of the nightmare it was for me. My story is probably old and in the archives by now...last month I stopped Gabapentin/Neurontin which I had clung onto as it had been part of my life for almost ten years!
YES I am PN free, I am extremely grateful that PN decompression with Prof Vancaillie was successful for me. I would say probably 2-3 years post op was the turning point for me. The first year post op was a roller coaster of better worse better worse..... all the best for your surgery, there is hope and keep believing that.
Hang in there
Jude
PNE from cycling. Surgery with Prof Vancaillie, Sydney Australia 2008.
Very much improved

Return to “AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND”