Alone in the pain

List of Physiotherapists Worldwide; Techniques & Education to educate Physio's who are not PN aware, etc

Alone in the pain

Postby aussie » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:52 am

Violet, you are so full of it. You recommend post after post to go consult physical therapists. What they find is invariably all over the place, confusing, contradicting, and the treatments they offer mostly useless.
aussie

Re: Alone in the pain

Postby mod3 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:27 pm

Aussie, I split this off of another topic so this discussion would not derail someone's thread in the welcome section. I think it's an important discussion to have although I think maybe we could have started it off differently than with a statement like "you are so full of it." If we can get past the insults maybe we can have a reasonable discussion about the pros and cons of PT. Maybe you would like to start this topic over on a better note, Aussie.

Mod3/Violet
mod3

Postby Ray P. » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:02 pm

PT did not work for me, but I do not like you talking that way to Violet.
She is here trying to help people.
Ray P.

Postby Violet M » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:05 am

Thanks, Ray. There are people that get better from PT so I figure it's better to try that before invasive treatments. Besides it was a PT who figured out what my diagnosis was and gave me a lot of valuable information, even though in the end I had to go for PNE surgery. But after surgery PT helped a lot with some of the musculoskeletal issues I still had.

The PT's we list on the website are typically people who have taken a course specific to treating people with pudendal neuralgia, like the Herman and Wallace course. So, while I'm sure some PT's are better and more experienced than others the ones on the list at least have a working knowledge of PN which is more than you can say for some docs, including some of the ones I went to.

So, Aussie, I would like to know what you think people with pelvic pain should try instead of PT.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Violet M

Return to PHYSIOTHERAPY