MA/NH therapists

List of Physiotherapists Worldwide; Techniques & Education to educate Physio's who are not PN aware, etc
TriMaverick

MA/NH therapists

Post by TriMaverick »

Does anyone know therapists in MA or NH who treat male patients? I am aware of Marathon Physical Therapy. Given that it's a subset of physical therapists who treat male patients I wondered if I could streamline it any before I contact the whole list.
Karyn

Re: MA/NH therapists

Post by Karyn »

Hi Tri,
Have you tried Lahey Clinic in Burlington? Their PT office isn't located at the hospital, but on Wall St., instead. IF you can be helped by PT, Elizabeth Lewis is highly skilled and knowledgeable in this area. The phone number is: 781-744-8617. I don't know if she treats male patients or not.
Best wishes,
Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
Elmwood

Post by Elmwood »

She does not see male patients. At least when I called her in Jan. she didn't. She referred me to one of her protege's who's name is Markowski. She is at Brigham and Womens on route 9 in Brookline MA. While she was not able to help me too much, she does know her stuff and is a very, very positive therapist. She does know about PN and other related conditions. I was very comfortable with her and may see her in the future now that I have other symptoms. Her last name is hyphenated and I believe its actually Markowski-Cuchiarra or something like that. If you can't find her online get back in touch with me and i'll try and find her number.
Scrotal pain and tingling started in 1999. Soreness after ejaculation. Occasional numbness in Scrotum. Some urinary frequency. Symptoms disappeared for 3 years in 07 and came back in 2010. Tingling and tickling in penis 2011. Pain in buttocks with sitting started in July of 2012. Not much success with PT. Tried the usual meds with some success, but didn't like the side effects. Dr. Potter MRI revealed pelvic floor varices. Both hips opperated on in 2013 for FAI. Some help with supplements.
TriMaverick

Post by TriMaverick »

Thanks for all of your input. I'm thinking of how to not wait until late September for Marathon. Elmwood, I did find that name. I gather your needs were outside of physical therapy?
Elmwood

Post by Elmwood »

Yes physical thereapy did not help too much and I'm seeking other venues. Thats not to say that the stretches I continue to do did not help but they do not help nearly enough. If you see the women I suggested she will most likely try internal work, skin rolling, stretches and tests to measure the strength of your pelvic floor. You may also want to consider Holly Herman in Cambridge. She's very highly regarded and gives all sorts of lectures around the country. I saw her as well and she is a super nice person and attentive but she seemed to kind of miss the point with my symptoms. She didn't try any internal work which was suprising to me but she knows her stuff and is a tireless worker. Does not however accept insurance but will provide reciepts to give to your insurance company.

Is Maraton the one in Newton?
Scrotal pain and tingling started in 1999. Soreness after ejaculation. Occasional numbness in Scrotum. Some urinary frequency. Symptoms disappeared for 3 years in 07 and came back in 2010. Tingling and tickling in penis 2011. Pain in buttocks with sitting started in July of 2012. Not much success with PT. Tried the usual meds with some success, but didn't like the side effects. Dr. Potter MRI revealed pelvic floor varices. Both hips opperated on in 2013 for FAI. Some help with supplements.
TriMaverick

Post by TriMaverick »

Marathon has several locations, and I think the pelvic floor therapists are in Newton. I contacted the location of the woman you mentioned and spoke with her. It's the same three month wait.

I called Nashoba Valley since my insurance favored it. Apparently neither of those therapists are still there. I might look into Holly Herman.
TriMaverick

Post by TriMaverick »

I am now in for August 13 at Marathon Physical Therapy, but I wonder if the general "pelvic floor wait list" resulted in a miscommunication. Anyone familiar with Laura Robbins?
Elmwood

Post by Elmwood »

I am not familiar with her but there are plenty of therapists out there who work on the pelvic floor. Usually a google search gives pretty good results for doctors
TriMaverick

Post by TriMaverick »

My preliminary report for Laura Robbins is favorable. She is very knowledgeable and properly experienced. She gets it.
Elmwood

Post by Elmwood »

Sounds like a good start anyway. Let me know what type of stuff she does for you

Return to “PHYSIOTHERAPY”