Physiotherapists in London or SE of UK

List of Physiotherapists Worldwide; Techniques & Education to educate Physio's who are not PN aware, etc
James42

Physiotherapists in London or SE of UK

Post by James42 »

Could anyone recommend any pyhsiotherapist in London or the South East of England who deal with Male PN/PNE.
Many thanks.
molly

Re: Physiotherapists in London or SE of UK

Post by molly »

Hi James,

There is a pn aware physio in London called Maria Elliot,
I,m not sure she treats men but you could ring her and if she does,nt she will be able to put you in touch with somebody who does. She is very experienced and from what I,ve heard very hands on.

If you goggle her you will get her contact details.

Regards,

Molly
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Hi James, welcome to HOPE.
Here is a list for the UK James. http://www.pelvicphysiotherapy.com/manual-therapists
I can't personally recommend anyone, sorry. Maybe again you could ring around from the list as they will all be PN aware.
Take care,
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
DrRuthJones

Post by DrRuthJones »

Hi there
Maeve & I have taught between us the folk on pelvicphysiotherapy.com. so check in there. Im teaching soon a course for male CPPS so there should be more PT working with guys. Since the book Leon & I published on Chronic Pelvic Pain: Practical Physical Medicine, more GP's & consultants are understanding & happier to refer to Physios & also suggest to them to read/ get hold of Fall et al 2010 European Guidelines on CPP. Hope that helps

You can contact me at drruthcjones@gmail.com Im currently working in Southampton.

Best wishes

R
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Thank you for this additional information Dr Jones.
I keep posting the information and list of practitioners on Maeve Whelan's site, and am glad that there will be additions to this list soon as PN aware pelvic physiotherapy is something that almost everyone with chronic pelvic pain should visit. Obviously this will become so much easier when there are more resources for this :)
Saw two excellent reviews about your book, one from Jerry Hesch, who we know here.
I will endeavor to check it out.

take care,
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
birdlife

Post by birdlife »

Hi Helen, can you repost that link as keep getting a 404 error? Have heard good things of Helen Keeble who i think is in Barnes in south London. Sessions with her are not as expensive as they would be in central London, eg with Maria Elliott. But has anyone found they can be referred to a pn-aware PT through the NHS (hopeful sigh)...
PN, possible entrapment at ischial spine -Dr.Natasha Curran, National Hospital for Neurology, London.
2 -Xray guided double nerve blocks -Dr.Baranowski - no relief.
TP self-massage reduced piriformis pressure on p nerve.
Dr.Greenslade/Bristol:
CT guided block (left) 16.7.12- success! Could sit without a cushion! On a brick wall!
06/2/13 - Sit pain gradually returned, L3. Offered further CT-guided block, or an op. Had to decline at time.
Feb '15. Applying to be referred again to Dr G.

Return to “PHYSIOTHERAPY”