Jerry Hersh PT

List of Physiotherapists Worldwide; Techniques & Education to educate Physio's who are not PN aware, etc
helen1000

Jerry Hersh PT

Post by helen1000 »

Hello,

I just wanted to find out if anybody used Jerry Hersh physical therapy. Did it work?

Thanks in advance,

Helen
8 nerve blocks rel 6 w.Met Dr. Peters,Dr. Antolack.Dr. Peters pacemaker,Dr Antolack TG operation.Maigne s.Internal PT at Dr Peters Nothing.PFCN block rel 6 w. PFCN RFA.Nothing.SI joint RFA.Nothing.Left scar tissue removal.Good.SIJD. PT of SI joint ME, and Prolo of SI and PS.Lumbar spine facets turned left. ME. T10-12 facets too wide.T10 turned left.ME and Prolo.Labral tears in left hip, spurs.Will have operation at 09/18/13,Met with Dr Conway.EMG shows left PN problem.Good impression of Dr C.
HerMajesty

Re: Jerry Hersh PT

Post by HerMajesty »

I live local to him and saw him with a referral from my pelvic floor PT in 2009. He absolutely corrected my SIJD which was only half my problem. But it was enough to move me from totally disabled to functional while I worked out my other issue (tarlov cysts).
I was fascinated by the way he works and I am an RN, so as i had been too disabled to work prior to seeing him, I went to work with him for a year and a half afterwards. We were building his business which is primarily teaching his methods in seminars to PT's; he only sees complex patients and works out of a home office so his clinical practice is pretty informal.
Working with him I saw successes and failures, because he is a genius at assessing and correcting SIJD but that is not everybody's primary source of pain. If somebody has a labral tear, or scar tissue entrapment, etc. then fixing SIJD might give some minor relief or no relief. I have seen a few where SIJD really was the ONLY source of their pain and he was able to totally fix them; but others who got little or no benefit.
I consider Mr. Hesch to be very honest in his practice. His pricing is very fair compared to many other pelvic pain practitioners; he reviews charts in advance and will only see you if he thinks he can help you; and he objectively assesses every patient he sees. He can absolutey do what he claims which is balance the pelvis in approximately 3 visits a day or 2 apart for somebody who comes in from out of town. If he suspects the correction might not "stick", he teaches self correction so that there is not continued dependence on his services.
I personally was helped a lot and I don't think my tarlov cyst surgery would have come out so well if I hadn't had the SIJD corrected first; plus the relief I got from the SIJD treatment greatly improved my quality of life before the surgery. I have also seen pudendal patients who got little or no benefit; but I think as a conservative measure to try before resorting to anything invasive, it is relatively cost effective and in my opinion his understanding of pelvic biomechanics is above and beyond any other work being done in that field.
pelvic pain started 1985 age 14 interstitial cystitis. Refused medical care from age 17, did GREAT with self care for years.
2004 PN started gradually, disabled by 2009. Underlying cause SIJD & Tarlov cysts
improved with PT & meds: neurontin, valium, nortriptyline, propanolol. (off nortriptyline & propanolol now, yay!)
Tarlov cyst surgery with Dr. Frank Feigenbaum March 20, 2012.
Results have been excellent so far; but I won't know my final functional level for a couple of years.
helen1000

Post by helen1000 »

Thank you very much for all your information.

Helen
8 nerve blocks rel 6 w.Met Dr. Peters,Dr. Antolack.Dr. Peters pacemaker,Dr Antolack TG operation.Maigne s.Internal PT at Dr Peters Nothing.PFCN block rel 6 w. PFCN RFA.Nothing.SI joint RFA.Nothing.Left scar tissue removal.Good.SIJD. PT of SI joint ME, and Prolo of SI and PS.Lumbar spine facets turned left. ME. T10-12 facets too wide.T10 turned left.ME and Prolo.Labral tears in left hip, spurs.Will have operation at 09/18/13,Met with Dr Conway.EMG shows left PN problem.Good impression of Dr C.
HerMajesty

Post by HerMajesty »

You are very welcome :) Also I am not sure where you came across his name, but it is "Hesch", not "Hersch", and if you type it into youtube correctly he has a number of videos posted showing patient assessments or lecturing on various topics, which would give you a better idea of what to expect from him.
pelvic pain started 1985 age 14 interstitial cystitis. Refused medical care from age 17, did GREAT with self care for years.
2004 PN started gradually, disabled by 2009. Underlying cause SIJD & Tarlov cysts
improved with PT & meds: neurontin, valium, nortriptyline, propanolol. (off nortriptyline & propanolol now, yay!)
Tarlov cyst surgery with Dr. Frank Feigenbaum March 20, 2012.
Results have been excellent so far; but I won't know my final functional level for a couple of years.
zohaa

Post by zohaa »

Who is the best of the best when it comes to physiotherapists who are extremely knowledgeable with the pelvic and other regions? Looking for someone who looks at the big picture and can come up with a diagnoses and a treatment plan?

We offer up to date rhcsa certification exam practice questions with fmuniv.edu paced test engine to help you pass ku exam and complete your NS0-156 exam questions you should also find University of Hawaii training for your complete task in Southwestern College
Last edited by zohaa on Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stephanies

Post by stephanies »

Are you looking to travel to a well-known PT for a week or two of evaluation and therapy regardless of location or are you looking for someone you can see consistently local to where you live or both?

Stephanies
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.

Return to “PHYSIOTHERAPY”