found a Physiotherapist should i make an appt?

List of Physiotherapists Worldwide; Techniques & Education to educate Physio's who are not PN aware, etc
momof3bigguys

found a Physiotherapist should i make an appt?

Post by momof3bigguys »

i have been struggling for almost 8 months with what i think has something to do with my pudendal nerve..i had a EMG this week with a neuromuscular dr and so far she said all looks good and she doesnt see any nerve damage...i also had a skin biopsy that i have to wait 3 weeks for the results ...im doing some research and found a physiotherapist in my area?? should he be someone i should schdule a appt with? im at my wits end and just want to know what this is!! ??
HerMajesty

Re: found a Physiotherapist should i make an appt?

Post by HerMajesty »

Absolutely, I got ZERO answers until i saw a PT. Not only do they have a different scope of practice than a physician which might be more useful to you; but they also tend to network with physicians that really understand pelvic pain, and so they can sometimes help you access better medical care.
pelvic pain started 1985 age 14 interstitial cystitis. Refused medical care from age 17, did GREAT with self care for years.
2004 PN started gradually, disabled by 2009. Underlying cause SIJD & Tarlov cysts
improved with PT & meds: neurontin, valium, nortriptyline, propanolol. (off nortriptyline & propanolol now, yay!)
Tarlov cyst surgery with Dr. Frank Feigenbaum March 20, 2012.
Results have been excellent so far; but I won't know my final functional level for a couple of years.
helen1000

Post by helen1000 »

Just make sure to find one that is good with Pelvic bones/joints/pelvic floor muscles. My PT found many problems that doctors missed
8 nerve blocks rel 6 w.Met Dr. Peters,Dr. Antolack.Dr. Peters pacemaker,Dr Antolack TG operation.Maigne s.Internal PT at Dr Peters Nothing.PFCN block rel 6 w. PFCN RFA.Nothing.SI joint RFA.Nothing.Left scar tissue removal.Good.SIJD. PT of SI joint ME, and Prolo of SI and PS.Lumbar spine facets turned left. ME. T10-12 facets too wide.T10 turned left.ME and Prolo.Labral tears in left hip, spurs.Will have operation at 09/18/13,Met with Dr Conway.EMG shows left PN problem.Good impression of Dr C.
momof3bigguys

Post by momof3bigguys »

thank you!!
i have an appt with a phyical theripist in june,but im afraid its going to be another waste of time..i guess ill go,but b4 that appt im going to make one with
a physiotherapist as well!! cant hurt i guess i have been everywhere else...this is the MOST frustating thing i have delt with in my ENTIRE life!! :(
Rosemary

Post by Rosemary »

Someone may correct me but i think a Physiotherapist is the same as a Physical Therapist - one the english name the other the american name for the same person.

Hope someone will post if there is a difference and i've got this wrong.
HerMajesty

Post by HerMajesty »

As far as I know, Rosemary, you are correct.
pelvic pain started 1985 age 14 interstitial cystitis. Refused medical care from age 17, did GREAT with self care for years.
2004 PN started gradually, disabled by 2009. Underlying cause SIJD & Tarlov cysts
improved with PT & meds: neurontin, valium, nortriptyline, propanolol. (off nortriptyline & propanolol now, yay!)
Tarlov cyst surgery with Dr. Frank Feigenbaum March 20, 2012.
Results have been excellent so far; but I won't know my final functional level for a couple of years.
momof3bigguys

Post by momof3bigguys »

oh..ok i do have an appt with a Phycial theripist so i guess i will just go to her then..i was just reading and seeing alot of about a physiotherapist..lol sorry just so fustrated and wiling to go to any dr for some help and relief!!!
thank you all for your wealth of knowledge!!! :D
helen1000

Post by helen1000 »

Other idea.

You have to go to your PT ... but try to rule out other conditions. For instance, do MRI of your spine, SI joints, hips. I do not know how to test for Tarlov cyst but Karyn should. Test for inguinal and femoral hernias. It would be ultrasound and CT scan. Do Potter MRI for scar tissue. If you do have it PT is not going to help.
Ask your PT to test for Maigne syndrome. It is t10-T12 damage that can give pain in lower abdomen. Mine found that bones were turned left. I started to feel better when they 'stick'.
So I would start PT but pursue other diagnoses to avoid lost time.
8 nerve blocks rel 6 w.Met Dr. Peters,Dr. Antolack.Dr. Peters pacemaker,Dr Antolack TG operation.Maigne s.Internal PT at Dr Peters Nothing.PFCN block rel 6 w. PFCN RFA.Nothing.SI joint RFA.Nothing.Left scar tissue removal.Good.SIJD. PT of SI joint ME, and Prolo of SI and PS.Lumbar spine facets turned left. ME. T10-12 facets too wide.T10 turned left.ME and Prolo.Labral tears in left hip, spurs.Will have operation at 09/18/13,Met with Dr Conway.EMG shows left PN problem.Good impression of Dr C.

Return to “PHYSIOTHERAPY”