FAI Hip Physical Therapists

List of Physiotherapists Worldwide; Techniques & Education to educate Physio's who are not PN aware, etc
Buttercup28

FAI Hip Physical Therapists

Post by Buttercup28 »

Hi,

I am looking for recommendations of really good hip physical therapists who specialize in FAI or labral tears and know about the connection between that and pudendal neuralgia. If anyone can recommend one or several in the NYC or surrounding area I would be greatly appreciative.

I already have a pelvic floor physical therapist, so I'm only looking for a hip physical therapist.

Thanks,

Buttercup
Sudden pelvic pain onset that landed me in the ER 2x -- diagnosed with severe pelvic floor dysfunction and suspected IC. Diagnosed with pudendal neuralgia via MRI and EMG and hip impingement/labral tear on CTscan. Ran the gamut with tests, treatments, procedures, injections, drugs, etc. since then. Still on the quest for answers....
Violet M

Re: FAI Hip Physical Therapists

Post by Violet M »

Jax87 recommends Dr. Kelly at HSS for a hip surgeon. http://www.pudendalhope.info/forum/view ... lly#p38607

But you are looking for a PT. So my suggestions is that you call Dr. Kelly's office and see if they could recommend a good hip PT for you.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Buttercup28

Re: FAI Hip Physical Therapists

Post by Buttercup28 »

Thanks Violet. I've seen Dr. Kelly and although he refuses to perform hip surgery on me, his office just got back to me late last week with hip physical therapist recommendations at HSS. So even though he is saying no to surgery, at least he is trying to be helpful.

Thanks,

Buttercup
Sudden pelvic pain onset that landed me in the ER 2x -- diagnosed with severe pelvic floor dysfunction and suspected IC. Diagnosed with pudendal neuralgia via MRI and EMG and hip impingement/labral tear on CTscan. Ran the gamut with tests, treatments, procedures, injections, drugs, etc. since then. Still on the quest for answers....

Return to “PHYSIOTHERAPY”