Nevro

Read about the latest Technology, which Doctors are performing this technique and the advantages and disadvantages of this cutting edge pain management therapy.
Dave

Nevro

Post by Dave »

I haven't found too much on the web about this, but I've been told by a physician that a new product, the Nevro Senza neuro stimulator is a significant advance. Supposedly, it reduces pain without producing a tingling sensation (paresthesia). It is not yet approved in the US.

http://www.nevro.com/

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases ... 40194.html
Lernica

Re: Nevro

Post by Lernica »

Dave,

You are a fount of good information about cutting-edge developments in the control of chronic nerve pain. It is much appreciated. Do you practice in the health care field?
Athlete until pain started in 2001. Diagnosed with PN in Nov. 2010. Probable cause: 3 difficult labors, 5 pelvic surgeries for endometriosis, and undiagnosed hip injuries. 60% better after 3 rounds of shockwave therapy in Cornwall, Ontario (Dec - Feb/12). 99% better after bilateral hip scopes for FAI and labral tears (April and July/12). Pelvic pain life coach Lorraine Faendrich helped me overcome the mind/body connection to chronic pain: http://www.radiantlifedesign.com
Dave

Post by Dave »

Lernica wrote:Dave,

You are a fount of good information about cutting-edge developments in the control of chronic nerve pain. It is much appreciated. Do you practice in the health care field?

No, just keeping my ear to the ground!
paulette

Post by paulette »

I recently read an article stating this new type of stimulator has been bought by the St. Jude Company, and clinical trials started this month. I applied for the trial but was denied. I was not given a reason.
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Yes Dave the Nevro is designed not to give a tingling sensation like other neurostimulators however it is not suitable to everyone according to my doctor. Nerves need a sensation to respond and it's not recommended for irritated or damaged nerves.
PNE started 2003 following Vaginal Hysterectomy, pelvic floor repair and right oophorectomy; eventually after many tests had BilateralTG surgery Nantes 2004; following this tried many other treatments including 7 day epidural, ketamin infusions to no avail; Trialed and was implanted with a Neurostimulator in 2007- Dr Van Buyten Belgium, this has enabled me to manage my pain much better.
Dr. Jason G. Attaman

Post by Dr. Jason G. Attaman »

The Nevro spinal cord stimulator device is promising, however it is not yet approved for use in the USA, and there are no studies on its efficacy in pelvic pain or pudendal neuralgia.

In the meantime, options of spinal cord stimulation at the conus medullaris is a very promising option, as is stimulation along the S2-S4 roots.

Return to “NEUROSTIMULATION”