Sacral Stimulator Implant for PN updated 3/6/15

Read about the latest Technology, which Doctors are performing this technique and the advantages and disadvantages of this cutting edge pain management therapy.
river133

Re: Sacral Stimulator Implant for PN updated 3/6/15

Post by river133 »

Have been wondering about you. Did they ever give you morphine in your pump? Or are you still receiving just bupivicane?
. Aug.4th is the date. She told me it can take up to 6 months to regulate the meds. Well,we will find out soon. I will be having the pump placed on my right backside. 7.5 years and maybe this will actually help at least 50%. Carl,do you still need oral meds? I am back on perkaset,and tramodol. It is all my physician will give me, she said it doesn't do anything for nerve pain. I don't know how I managed with just the gabapentin and tylonal for almost a year.
At the MAPS pain clinic they have an excellant pelvic PT. If I could drive 2 hours every few days ,it would be wonderful. 8ne step at a time. The pain has been so sharp and stabbing. It brings me to jy knees at times. I remember telling my husband at the end of the day a few years back,that ,this has been my worse day for pain,and then I remembered I say it most days. .We have all had to be so stron , putting one foot in front of the other.Hope,it is truly what keeps us going ,Hope.
Surgery Jan.05 2011 TG with Dr Antalok. Dr.Chambi May of 2012 showed injury from a fall on back, 11 years ago. My piriformis muscle caused a large amount of fibrosis .My sciatic nerve was growing through the piriformis muscle which caused a bifid p.muscle. . Dr Chambi decompressed the sciatic,pudendal,pfcn ,and peroneal nerves. I hope to have a nuerostimulator put in to help with the sciatic pain that never goes away. Most days are better with the pudendal if I do not sit at all.
stephanies

Post by stephanies »

Hopefully this is the light at the end of the tunnel for you River. You are right that we have to try and stay hopeful.

My best,
Stephanies
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.
Grammy

Post by Grammy »

Has anyone had a successful stim implant by Dr Ross? If so where are your leads. I have read about Kit s success with the drg but practically no one on the East Coast has done more than two or three. I am in the process of contacting Dr Ross via my pain provider to see if he has used the new drg. The rep of the company said I would need to go to New York to find anyone who has done thirty or forty of the implants. The drg sounds almost too good to be true!
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

If you are in Pennsylvania you could check with Dr. Michael Fishman on how many he has done. His contact info has been added to the list of doctors in the left-hand menu of the website at pudendalhope.org.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
blightcp

Post by blightcp »

Hey I know it's been a while:

Yes, I still see Dr. Ross every 3 months to refill the pump. I have a bupivacaine and fentanyl in the pump. I am still on some time release morphine but I have recovered to the point that some days I feel normal.

PN pain is still a daily friend most days but I can manage sitting on soft surfaces. I can go to the movies the offer reclining seats.

The stimulator helps with the bowel and bladder muscle tone and I use it primarily for that. If I feel like it not working right I turn it on for a few days.

I have to run, but I do still get PM's and try to respond to posts.
PN by sedentary job and commute
Treated for IlioInguinal pain 2008-10
PT by Dr. Conway's team | 3 PN blocks @ Elliott in Manchester USA
TIR 2010 and TG by Dr. Conway in May of 2012 uncovered nerve damage, declared surgical failure in May of 2014
PT and bed rest continues
Employer refused accommodations in 8/13, now in the disability war.
Sacrial Stimulator 9/14 by Dr. Ross Boston MA
Anesthetic pain pump trial 3/16/15 by Dr. Ross
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Thanks for the update, Carl. Sounds like you are a busy guy now and that must mean you are getting back into living a more normal life. :D

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Westbluu

Post by Westbluu »

blightcp wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:03 pm Hey I know it's been a while:

Yes, I still see Dr. Ross every 3 months to refill the pump. I have a bupivacaine and fentanyl in the pump. I am still on some time release morphine but I have recovered to the point that some days I feel normal.

PN pain is still a daily friend most days but I can manage sitting on soft surfaces. I can go to the movies the offer reclining seats.

The stimulator helps with the bowel and bladder muscle tone and I use it primarily for that. If I feel like it not working right I turn it on for a few days.

I have to run, but I do still get PM's and try to respond to posts.
How are you now? Have you overcome the disease?

Return to “NEUROSTIMULATION”