Neurostimulator Patient

Read about the latest Technology, which Doctors are performing this technique and the advantages and disadvantages of this cutting edge pain management therapy.
trishj46

Re: Neurostimulator Patient

Post by trishj46 »

Want to add a P.S
If I gained a few pounds would this have any effect on the symptoms I'm talking about as far as abdomen and lower spinal pain and pressure????? I am very confused about everything I am feeling! When I walk I feel pressure and object in rectal area. Difficult to walk at times!
I am not OVERLY OBESE! When I walk it feels like my whole butt is going to fall out! Feel like I have to have a bowel movement constantly when walking!
I have to dis-impact, when I check my bowel is empty! Sorry to sound so gross!!! These are the joys of spinal cord!
Thank You once again!!!!!

Pat
janetm2

Post by janetm2 »

Pat,
Some of your symptoms sound like mine from pelvic instability/alignment and SIJD. Basically pain moves around my core from front pubic bone to what I thought was top of hips but was told is pelvic rim and the the low back pain. All this strted post PNE surgery. I am trying to strengthen the core via exercises, use a SIJD belt to try to keep from twisting out of alignment, my husband does some realignment and connective tissue release on abdomen, thighs amd glutes to keep things loose and not tugging at the nerve. I also take tramadol most nights and oxycodone a few other nights so I manage better during the day. Also acupuncture and psychology appointments trying to deal with the PN and competing foot pain (they kinda alternate and sometime hit at the same time!). I alternate using them to give each condition a break and lay down whenever I can. Sorry you are dealing with the added bowel issues and object in recttal area (most of my pain is there) which I do not have any input about. I hope you can get some direction for treatment and start eliminating some issue, soonest. Everyittle bit can help.
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
trishj46

Post by trishj46 »

Thank you for your reply! Never thought of what you mentioned because I have always had such spinal cord pain, but this is the first with my hips and abdomen. I have neuropathy in both feet, so they go freezing cold for hours, and then they alternate and go on fire for hours. This goes back and forth 24/7.
Where did you get the belt you are talking about?? I take amitriptyline 10mg for rectal burning, but does not help pain. I am on vicodin and soma.
I guess there is just so much wrong, and I have been to many Doctors. They want to blame everything on spinal cord!
Thanks again & good luck!!!!

Pat
janetm2

Post by janetm2 »

Pat,
Sorry for the delay I was on vacation. I am doing well enough to actually get away to see my sister in law and nephew. My brother passed in Nov 2012 and Peggy has been having a tough time so I filled in some of her Spring break. I got the SI bely on line looks like Active Ortho is the brand and it velcros and the clips together. Hope you can get a bit of relief along the journey. Any thing helps!
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
trishj46

Post by trishj46 »

Even though I have PN and my butt is always in distress. I also have spinal cord problem. Will PN or spinal cord injury cause excruciating pain

in entire back, lower spine?? I take vicodin and soma, and Doctors don't even want me to have that!!!! I am laid up right now due to my butt and entire back

and using heat for back and ice for butt. Is this normal for some of you??? I feel upset as pain just gets worse if I move around.

I don't like laying in bed and family & friends just don't seem to get it! Even though I sent them the letter Amanda wrote@! I feel at times I am failing and it

scares me! Can I just do the best I can and still function? Stimulator and pain pump not an option. I have to self-cath and part of bowel paralyzed!

Would appreciate any input. I see Doctors that just zoom in on my spinal cord, and tell me that's just the way its going to be! Is it possible to just live with

this??? This is the most medication I can get, and I have to fight for that!!!!

Thankyou!!!!
Pat
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

trishj46 wrote: Will PN or spinal cord injury cause excruciating pain

in entire back, lower spine?? t
Lower back pain wouldn't be PN. What is the rationale for neurostimulator and pain pump not being an option?

Vicodin is not the strongest of pain meds. Seems like your pain management docs are failing you. Is finding another pain doc an option?

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
trishj46

Post by trishj46 »

I keep getting knocked off while writing????? This is my third try! I have a problem today, as I always had a feeling of an object in my rectum, now feel it also in vaginal area. Following that I feel completely numb in genital and vaginal area??? I almost feel paralyzed! Abdomen and lower spine involved!
Very scared and upset! Is this experienced by others? Stimulator and pain pump not an option because I have to self-cath and dis-impact paralyzed bowel.
I feel I have enough to deal with that. To implant something else in my back that would be high maintenance does not sit well with me!
I know I need stronger meds but have been to several pm and they say I stay on this! I am tired of begging! Things get very mixed up with me and Doctors when I am trying to deal with PN and spinal cord injury! I feel this numbness and everything are connected with lower spine and abdomen. I am very uncomfortable. I had pain before I got this numbness, but not now. Very confused! Had paralysis at one time after surgery from waist down. With vigorous physical therapy I got out of w/c and onto walker these past three years. Scared its coming back----but I had it from staph infection in spinal cord, don't think that would happen. But why the numbness?? Appreciate any help and thank you Violet for past input!
Thank You!
Pat
Ccannon

Post by Ccannon »

Has anyone heard of a morphine pump chip implant? My doctor mentioned it a few days ago to help me with my pain but when i look on line i dont see a chip i see a disk like object. Is this the same thing can someone tell me?

Thanks
C C

Oct 2012 part HYS removing uterus. Health spiraled downward afterward. April 2013 diagnosed with PNE, pelvic floor dysfunction,coccyxdia. March 2013 Bladder destation surgery & scar tissue removed. Received pudendal nerve blocks weekly
until Nov.2013 when Dr. Antolak preformed PNE decompression surgery on me. My L4/L5 disk is bulging, pain mang. doc. has given me injections but nothing working now. Terrible pain traveling from L4/L5 to right hip plus recovery from PNE surgery

Return to “NEUROSTIMULATION”