What type of neurostimulator to try

Read about the latest Technology, which Doctors are performing this technique and the advantages and disadvantages of this cutting edge pain management therapy.

What type of neurostimulator to try

Postby Kit » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:46 pm

There are several types of neurostimulators. For those I am familiar with, patients have seen improvement from many different types (different manufacturers). I strongly recommend the DRG neurostimulator from St Jude Medical (now owned by Abbot). The scientific test for the DRG models show an 84% success rate. That factor alone should point you to DRG.

Some neurostimulators are for specific functions or specific ailments, so you have to rely on the doctors and product reps plus your research. But for pudendal pain, the DRG is the best model to use.
Kit Male age 73 Sitting pains started 10/2003. Surgery Ansell 4/2004. No help. Penis pains started 12/2004. Surgery Filler 4/2009 to remove scar tissue. No help. Surgery 3 by Hibner Nov 2012. The Hibner surgery also did no good. I can lay on my left side. I can not sit at all, except with pain. I can sleep well with the help of sleeping pill. The pain gets a little worse every year.
Kit

Re: What type of neurostimulator to try

Postby April » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:28 am

Very helpful info, Kit. Thanks again!

April
April

Return to NEUROSTIMULATION