Video About DRG surgery, Kit and surgeon on Iowa TV

Read about the latest Technology, which Doctors are performing this technique and the advantages and disadvantages of this cutting edge pain management therapy.
Kit

Video About DRG surgery, Kit and surgeon on Iowa TV

Post by Kit »

If you are interested in the DRG neurostimulator, please watch this video. It was produced and published by Mercy Hospital inDes Moines, Iowa, along with a local TVstation.

Just watch the video for details. Note: the Mercy hospital and the TV station KCCI both wanted to make the video focus on reducing opioids. I told the surgeon before the surgery that I did NOT care if I reduced the pain meds. I just wanted to sit. But in the video, they all clearly say that I wanted to do the DRG surgery to reduce opioids. But that is OK with me. Whatever they have to do to advertise the video is fine with me.

http://www.kcci.com/article/procedure-s ... e/14513735

Thanks. Hope this is helpful. They say they will do a follow up video.
Kit Male age 74 Sitting pains started 10/2003. I have had about 14 years of pudendal nerve pain, including 3 surgeries by Ansell, Filler, and Hibner. None did any good. But finally, I discovered the DRG (dorsal root ganglion) neurostimulator. It was implanted on Dec 28, 2017. It has been a miracle to me. My quality of life has improved 95%, and reduced the pain by about 60%. Anyone with Pudendal pain should consider a DRG neurostimulator.
April

Re: Video About DRG surgery, Kit and surgeon on Iowa TV

Post by April »

Kit,

That's wonderful. I'm glad the procedure is getting some media exposure. Thanks so much for sharing the link.

April
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Thanks for posting this valuable info, Kit.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Grammy

Post by Grammy »

Thank you so much for this video. I am in my twenty fourth year of genital pain and like yourself my life has been destroyed. Thanks to you, I am seeking help here in New Hampshire. I am afraid but at the same time hopeful that I could be cured of nagging vaginal pain and pressure. I think I may have a lead at the Dartmouth Medical Center. This would be short of a miracle if it worked for me. What seems so incredible is you do not need to feel the stimulation for this to work. I just need to muster up the courage to keep moving forward. Again please continue to post and let us know how you are doing. Do you have any pain at all?
CheshireLady

Post by CheshireLady »

I am 76 and have had pudendal pain for ten years. I had surgery with Hibner, Mindfulness with Wise Anderson and StimRouter at Stanford Pain. None have helped. I have an appointment at Stanford Pain to discuss DRG. Any other success or failure stories?
Thanks, Cheshire Lady

Return to “NEUROSTIMULATION”