Botox

Botox options, which Doctors use this form of treatment and techniques offered.
malvasio

Re: Botox

Post by malvasio »

I would like to share my experience I had last year with Botox. Since my pelvic muscles were tight especially in my left side some some doctors said that it was not easy to assess if this was a consequence of the entrapped nerve or if the nerve was suffering because of this pelvic muscles. So he proposes me to try BOtox. I had one infiltration with 1000 000 UI of Botox in the pubo rectal (left and right side).
I was not incontinent, but with gases I had some problems. But pain level was the same or even worse, because in my opinion the muscles were not tight anymore and the nerve had lost the "muscles wall" and was more sensitive. Anyway it was not so dramatic, just to inform you that in may case Botox didn't help.
The day of the infiltration and the day after I was not 100% ok, I had a bit temperature, and I felt a bit sick.

Anyway before the surgery, Botox is something to tray in order to be sure that is not a muscular problem. The effect of Botox in my case was about 6/8 months.
I'm a man 47 years old.
Then after Botox I had the surgery in May 2017 on my left side and I'm still recovering.
Violet M

Re: Botox

Post by Violet M »

It's unfortunate Botox didn't help you. Looks like it is still early in your recovery from surgery. I wish you all the best and hope you will have some good news for us as you continue to recover. ;)

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “BOTOX”