are there northeast doctors who do botox into ob. int.?

Botox options, which Doctors use this form of treatment and techniques offered.
sunshine

are there northeast doctors who do botox into ob. int.?

Post by sunshine »

hi! I hope you are all having a pain free day! Does somebody know of a doctor who does obturator internus botox in ma, ri, nh, ct or ny? I have been suffering for many years from sciatica due to this muscle's compression, and all those years I'been mostly bedridden because of it. I used to see dr. Leff in Ny who was wonderful but he recently retired and the pain in that area back! Any names or information would be most sincerely appreciated. And do please let me know what the doctors you know about for guidance as it's such a difficult muscle to get into.

Thank you and have a great day! Good luck with everything :)
Violet M

Re: are there northeast doctors who do botox into ob. int.?

Post by Violet M »

I'm sorry to hear that Dr. Leff retired. I wonder if Dr. Conway could tell you who does them. Or Dr. Coady in NYC might know who does them.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
nyt

Post by nyt »

Dr. Carillo and Dr. Benjamin-Pratt who will be taking over for Dr. Howard in Rochester, NY can do botox to the obturator internus. I believe they will do it under anesthesia but can't say for sure.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
sunshine

Post by sunshine »

Thank you so much for your answers Violet and NYT! So is Dr Howard retiring or leaving? Do you know if Dr. Carillo and Dr Benjamin Pratt have lots of experience doing Botox in the o.I. or are they just starting? Do they do the injections themselves or have some bodyelse do them? Do you know by any chance if they use guidance such as ct scan or emg, or ultrasound? Thank you so much! Much appreciated! !!!!

Have a great and pain free day!
nyt

Post by nyt »

Dr. Howard is retiring on Dec. 31, 2013.

Dr. Howard has been following Dr. Hibner's botox protocol for a little over 1 year. Dr. Carillo and Dr. Benjamin-Pratt work with and have been trained by Dr. Howard. Dr. Carillo was with Dr. Howard when he did my botox to the pelvic floor under anesthesia back in August. They did more than just the obturator internus muscle on me when done under anesthesia. When done under anesthesia they palpate and inject where the trigger points are. It is not done guided. I do not know if they would do just the obturator internus guided or if it would be unguided.

I do not know how difficult it is for you to travel, ie financially and physically. If there is no one else in NYC taking over for Dr. Leff then a trip to meet either Dr. Carillo or Dr. Benjamin-Pratt to ask all your questions would be worth it. Or you can call the office and see if one of them would discuss this over the phone with you first.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
Stephanie P

Post by Stephanie P »

I must say that I am extremely wary of unguided injections of Botox. In 2007, following such injections under GA, I became profoundly debilitated to the extent that I was initially investigated for an adrenal tumour. The debilitation, which was eventually linked to the possibility of the distant spread of the Botox, was so severe that I was unable to leave the house for 2+ years, and even now have not returned to my previous level of energy. In 2009, the FDA issued a Black Box warning on the medical use of Botox, advising that 'distant spread' of the toxin could result in severe health outcomes including, as I have found to my cost, 'sudden loss of strength'. (The FDA further advised that the much smaller doses of Botox used in cosmetic procedures were not likely to be a problem.)
Pudendal neuralgia, diagosed as ischial bursitis, from 1985. Worsened by fall in 2003. Bilateral TG surgery in Nantes 2004. Nerve flattened both sides. No improvement, still cannot sit.
nyt

Post by nyt »

Stephanie P, I am so sorry to hear that you had difficulty with your botox and that it lasted for so long. I've had botox numerous times to the pelvic floor and my biggest problem is I flare because I have Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. We always schedule my botox close to a Ketamine or Lidocaine infusion to help with the flare. Other than that, I've never had problems.
sunshine

Post by sunshine »

Thank you so much for your replies, Nyt and Stephanie. I appreciate all this information so very much. I'm also soft to hear about your debilitation, Stephanie, and about your crps, Nyt. heading is so difficult! I have crps although it's much better than before and I never had a bad reaction to the botox. It's so unfortunate that Dr Leff retired. He was so amazing. Yes, I Would also much prefer to have guided injections. I will keep all your good advice in mind and will keep you posted. I Discovered that Boston Medical Center is supposed to have Botox infections for pudendal problem. I found that out at the anesthesia department's website.

Take care and best of lucks!!!

Return to “BOTOX”