Botox and Nerve Blocks... Very confused.

Botox options, which Doctors use this form of treatment and techniques offered.
LindseyD

Botox and Nerve Blocks... Very confused.

Post by LindseyD »

Hey guys.. I don't come on here too often but I've been a member for about a year. I see Dr. Robert Echenberg,maybe u have heard of him. I have PN,vaginal issues including pgad,IC,pain,in my thighs especially my left and sensitive to touch in inner thighs. I've been skyping him since my last visit appt. In the spring. I live far from him. He wants to do Botox and more nerve blocks. I'm nervous and don't know ehat to do. Did I mention I have lyme disease? This complicates things. I just don't know what to do. There are horror stories in just about ever scenario anyone tries as well as good out comes. Is botox and nerve blocks things you do instead of surgery?
nyt

Re: Botox and Nerve Blocks... Very confused.

Post by nyt »

Botox and/or pudendal blocks are somethings people try instead of surgery. Some people even manage their pudendal symptoms using those two approaches. As you stated, the results with either botox or pudendal blocks that have been reported on this forum range from very good experience to very bad. Sadly, you do not know which one you will be until you try it.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
Ray P.

Post by Ray P. »

YOU SAID IT NYT.
AS WITH MOST THINGS PEOPLE HAVE TRIED, THE SAME THING WILL HELP ONE AND MAKE ANOTHER PERSON WORSE. THERE ARE SOME THINGS THAT JUST DO NOT DO ANYTHING BUT MAKE POCKET BOOK LIGHTER.
I HAVE HAD A VERY BAD EXPERIENCE WITH A NERVE BLOCK.

RAY
Ray P.

Post by Ray P. »

YOU SAID IT NYT.
AS WITH MOST THINGS PEOPLE HAVE TRIED, THE SAME THING WILL HELP ONE AND MAKE ANOTHER PERSON WORSE. THERE ARE SOME THINGS THAT JUST DO NOT DO ANYTHING BUT MAKE POCKET BOOK LIGHTER.
I HAVE HAD A VERY BAD EXPERIENCE WITH A NERVE BLOCK.

RAY
LindseyD

Post by LindseyD »

I'm afraid that with botox it would add more pressure to the pudendal nerve... IS this true? Does it cause scar tissue? I also have pgad and I don't want to make that worse...
rickim2006

Post by rickim2006 »

Lindsey D

I am a physician and a PN patient. First I want to ask, if you had nerve blocks, were they helpful? Nerve blocks alone are for diagnostic purposes. A physician can and often do add a steroid to see if that helps with the pain- decrease inflammation. Botox is added to release tight pelvic floor muscles. So, have you been diagnosed with a tight pelvic floor? Have you done any PT? I believe that PT with a good pelvic floor therapist is essential to diagnosing and treating and pelvic floor problem.
Hope this helps.
metalclay

Post by metalclay »

Botox is affirmed by the FDA for some excruciating conditions, for example, cervical dystonia (muscle fit), spasticity, inordinate sweating (hyperhidrosis), eye muscle issues, automatic developments and wrinkles (grimace lines).
Nerve blocks can be utilized for cerebral pains, for example, occipital neuralgia and group migraines. They are infusions of desensitizing pharmaceutical (nearby soporific) and mitigating steroids that can be helpful for specific sorts of migraines and other torment conditions.
Bob123

Post by Bob123 »

Hi,

I was going to start a Botox Topic thread but I see there's one going here. I don't want to intrude on this but...

I've had positive pudendal nerve blocks.

I thought if one had definite diagnosis of PN that botox is a fairly standard treatment?

Bob 123
Last edited by Bob123 on Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:29 am, edited 4 times in total.
jaxi123

Post by jaxi123 »

I had several rounds of Botox with no success. Another waste of time and money for me.
Bob123

Post by Bob123 »

botox?
Last edited by Bob123 on Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “BOTOX”