Myofascial Release Physical Therapy - John Barnes Technique

Trigger Point injections, Myofascial Massage techniques, and many more.
mesquite

Myofascial Release Physical Therapy - John Barnes Technique

Post by mesquite »

Has anyone seen a P.T. who has been trained by John Barnes and experience relief from his/her P.T. sessions? I am going to have these P.T. sessions as I am out of options. Dr. Hibner and his P.T., Loretta Robertson both want me to have a "redo" surgery. Dr. Hibner is the only doctor in the U.S. who does "redos" as I just learned this week. I just underwent the new temporary Pudendal Pump installations but both failed after 6 and 4 hours, respectively. They are in clinical trials and have a long way to go to improve that process. Hibner is always inventing new procedures but I believe I have hit the wall at this point. The B & O suppositories really help with pain, though.
Violet M

Re: Myofascial Release Physical Therapy - John Barnes Techni

Post by Violet M »

I haven't tried it myself but I knew a woman who did and found it very helpful. She doesn't post on the forum anymore though.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

I think I read in an earlier post that you have back issues too, so I hope that this PT can give you pain relief in which ever area(s) need targeting. I would definitely follow this route rather than go into a re-do at least initially, hope it helps you, let us know.
Take care,
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
Tiny Dancer

Post by Tiny Dancer »

Hi,
I have had Myofascial Release PT and it really works. That saying, I do have to go in for a few tune-ups every year or so.
Had PN since childbirth 1968
Had MRI,MRN,EMG,trigger point injections,3 steriod nerve blocks, pelvic plexus CT
Seeing Dr. Hibner Sept.29,2010
MEDS: Cymbalta 120mg, Elavil 25mg, Valium Suppositories, Fentanyl patch
Surgery w/ Dr. Hibner 3/14/11
Pain did not go away until I was given a steriod block to broken coccyx
mesquite

Post by mesquite »

Just an fyi to the readers, I had it done extensively last year and it helped somewhat. But, my PTs found my case to be frustrating as I didn't respond as well as their other patients did. It would have been better to have had the PT before having had the major surgery as opposed to after it. I spent many thousands on it and probably should have quit last fall. But, there are few PTs at all in Arizona who understand PN...
cpps-admin

Post by cpps-admin »

mesquite wrote:Just an fyi to the readers ...It would have been better to have had the PT before having had the major surgery as opposed to after it.
Oh dear, how true, this is my message to my members too. Conservative, non-invasive treatments are much more likely than not to help you recover. Even though you may have tried many non-surgical treatments without success so far, there are still more to try.
I am the admin of the member forum at a chronic prostatitis (aka CPPS) website
stephanies

Post by stephanies »

I agree conservative treatments should be tried first, but whether or not they help an individual recover seems to be dependent on the mechanism and source of that person's pain. It appears that you are visiting our forum with the purpose of to sharing your personal experiences with pudendal nerve pain and conservative therapies, including PT, am I correct?

Stephanies
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.
cpps-admin

Post by cpps-admin »

stephanies wrote:I agree conservative treatments should be tried first, but whether or not they help an individual recover seems to be dependent on the mechanism and source of that person's pain. It appears that you are visiting our forum with the purpose of to sharing your personal experiences with pudendal nerve pain and conservative therapies, including PT, am I correct?

Stephanies
You are correct, but not so much "pudendal nerve pain" as pelvic pain, which may originate from multiple sources, including the CNS via allodynia and hyperalgesia.
I am the admin of the member forum at a chronic prostatitis (aka CPPS) website

Return to “PHYSICAL THERAPY TECHNIQUES”