A critical review of myofascial/trigger point treatment

Trigger Point injections, Myofascial Massage techniques, and many more.
Charlie

Re: A critical review of myofascial/trigger point treatment

Post by Charlie »

helenlegs 11 wrote:
Charlie, I'm sure you have tried a sacroiliac belt, but if not give it a go.
I have not tried that. Thanks for the suggestion . I will ask my Dr about it. I should also add that I notice some people say they are in less pain when they wake up. I don't get that at all. I wake up in pain. It does not fluctuate.
Tried numerous medications as well as a long period of myofascial physical therapy combined with meditation/relaxation. My pelvic floor muscles are now normal and relaxed on exam ( confirmed by many Pelvic floor PTs) yet my pain remains the same. Also have intense leg pain. Deciding on next treatment.
christi

Post by christi »

Thanks to all of you--Charlie, Cora, etc.--for this very helpful discussion. I really appreciate the analytical, let's-see-the-proof approach. And I appreciate all of your willingness to hang in there, through some awkward moments, to try to get at the facts. One of the best things I've read on this forum. Thanks again!

--Christi
Christo

Post by Christo »

This is tiring.... It starts with flat feet and an irregular balanced cog... But in some people expecially those who do a lot of exercise and not really stretch. The piriformis is ruptured, torn or damaged. As people walk the spine moves like a snakes with muscles pulling against each other. This is to maximize weight distribution throughout the body; eliminating unnessasary overuse of particular areas. When a piriformis is damaged enough the opposite will continue to function, but as it has little to pull against it will become tight and pull the sanctum across with it, aswell as turning the spine as the piriformis is responsible for turning the leg outdated. I see torn labrum and slipped or ruptured disks. These are symptoms. YOUR piriformis is likely ruptured and re treated back. Can't be reconnected. No point in fixing labrum, it will tear again probably. Only cure is physio to strengthen astrophy caused buy unbalanced system... Or if spine is wearing badly and disks are suffering as well as the facet joints and ussually numbness caused by sciatic nerve.... Need to release the remaining piriformis or as a surgeon called dr sneadon told me, a wire can be used to stop the existing piriformis pulling the sacrum and will balance the hip resulting in better weight distribution... I laughed the surgeon off too but he was defiantly right... He was experienced in repairing baby's born severly disabled throughout there childhood untill they were much better. Surgeons like this are extremely rare. Excuse my terrible writing etc tired

Return to “PHYSICAL THERAPY TECHNIQUES”