PT role and paradoxical relaxation by Dr Wise

Trigger Point injections, Myofascial Massage techniques, and many more.
Violet M

Re: PT role and paradoxical relaxation by Dr Wise

Post by Violet M »

PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
lightmail

Post by lightmail »

Wise is quite the salesman. notice how fast he jumped on this bandwagon. New males no longer treated by gynecologist. Hmmm he thinks, I see an opportunity here.. I will stick with what the youtube sites do exposing him for what he is. (a headache in the pelvis patients experience) is one such video. Personally I get a headache just sayin his name...Wouldn't spend a time for his wares let alone 4 or 5 thousand.
lightmail

Post by lightmail »

Bye the way his success rates are no better than placeboes. One of the references from other Drs he quotes is a md that treats stuttering..I just had a 65 year old neurologist that has never seen anyone with our condition. PN PNE. He made an appointment with a urologist that sent me 4 pages of the great Wise Anderson protocol. I cancelled the appointment. ...Robert
Lernica

Post by Lernica »

OMG, he's still at it! :shock: Charging $800 for the rectal wand is opportunistic and and unethical. A similar device, the "crystal" wand, is available on Amazon for $38.50. Here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/Crystal-Wand-Ther ... B00DN6PIE6. I found it very useful in massaging the trigger points in my pelvic floor muscles. My pelvic PT showed me how to use it. I used it daily.
Athlete until pain started in 2001. Diagnosed with PN in Nov. 2010. Probable cause: 3 difficult labors, 5 pelvic surgeries for endometriosis, and undiagnosed hip injuries. 60% better after 3 rounds of shockwave therapy in Cornwall, Ontario (Dec - Feb/12). 99% better after bilateral hip scopes for FAI and labral tears (April and July/12). Pelvic pain life coach Lorraine Faendrich helped me overcome the mind/body connection to chronic pain: http://www.radiantlifedesign.com
cpps-admin

Post by cpps-admin »

I believe Dr Wise does not really want to sell wands without the accompanying training, for liability reasons. People could do themselves a terrible damage if untrained in its use and the legal consequences could be ruinous for Dr Wise.

I always suggest people use a Theracane for intrarectal massage. I have several posters who have been very successful with it.
I am the admin of the member forum at a chronic prostatitis (aka CPPS) website

Return to “PHYSICAL THERAPY TECHNIQUES”