Stretching and Trigger Point Release Therapy (Lifesaver)

Trigger Point injections, Myofascial Massage techniques, and many more.
cpps-admin

Re: Stretching and Trigger Point Release Therapy (Lifesaver)

Post by cpps-admin »

ezer wrote:Oh come on. You treat trigger points and they are back a week later. Be it on the first session or the 100th. Been there, done that. It is not the solution.
Not the solution for you, perhaps.

I still get trigger points in my shoulders from computer work, and I know exactly how they need to be treated. If I start prodding them they get much more painful, and I know once I start treating them, I need to do it intensively.
I am the admin of the member forum at a chronic prostatitis (aka CPPS) website
ezer

Post by ezer »

CPPS-admin, trigger points come back no matter what. Trigger points are made of metabolic waste that form at nerve endings and are simply a consequence and not the cause of chronic pain (besides the small irritation they generate).

PT temporarily increases the blood flow thus you get better for a few hours. The next day usually the pain is back and a few days later the trigger points come back.

You are back to square one for your next PT session, even after 3 years of weekly appointments.
2002 PN pain started following a fall on a wet marble floor
2004 Headache in the pelvis clinic. Diagnosed with PNE by Drs. Jerome Weiss, Stephen Mann, and Rodney Anderson
2004-2007 PT, Botox, diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Sheldon Jordan
2010 MRN and 3T MRI showing PNE. Diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Aaron Filler. 2 failed PNE surgeries.
2011-2012 Horrific PN pain.
2013 Experimented with various Mind-body modalities
3/2014 Significantly better
11/2014 Cured. No pain whatsoever since
cpps-admin

Post by cpps-admin »

ezer wrote:CPPS-admin, trigger points come back no matter what.
No, they do not. They only come back if the initiating stimulus is present. For instance, if I continue to work intensively on the computer, the trigger points do return.

Likewise, with chronic pelvic pain, if you continue to allow your psychological problems, or work stress, to be expressed in the subconscious tensing of your deep pelvic muscles, then YES, the pain will return and seem ineradicable.
You are back to square one for your next PT session, even after 3 years of weekly appointments.
If you do not work out how to stop the tension cycle that creates the trigger points, then YES, you will never get better.

Looking at your signature it seems that another form of mind body practice did the trick for you (the Wise-Anderson Protocol is just one form of Mind/Body practice). How ironic.
ezer

Post by ezer »

Likewise, with chronic pelvic pain, if you continue to allow your psychological problems, or work stress, to be expressed in the subconscious tensing of your deep pelvic muscles, then YES, the pain will return and seem ineradicable.
If you read the patients' stories here on this forum, you will realize that most people had many sessions of physical therapy. It is a never ending cycle.
I agree that Paradoxical relaxation helps but that does not break the pain cycle. It helps dealing mentally with pain but it is not addressing the root cause which in my opinion (and some people disagree with me on this forum) is repressed negative emotions.
David Wise is coming from a fairly typical cognitive behavioral therapy background which does not put much emphasis on the implicit memory (he recommends warmly Byron Katie that I find atrocious).
Looking at your signature it seems that another form of mind body practice did the trick for you
A lot of experimentation but I "got" it at the end. I describe my experience here:
http://www.pudendalhope.info/forum/view ... =36&t=6352
2002 PN pain started following a fall on a wet marble floor
2004 Headache in the pelvis clinic. Diagnosed with PNE by Drs. Jerome Weiss, Stephen Mann, and Rodney Anderson
2004-2007 PT, Botox, diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Sheldon Jordan
2010 MRN and 3T MRI showing PNE. Diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Aaron Filler. 2 failed PNE surgeries.
2011-2012 Horrific PN pain.
2013 Experimented with various Mind-body modalities
3/2014 Significantly better
11/2014 Cured. No pain whatsoever since
cpps-admin

Post by cpps-admin »

Return to “PHYSICAL THERAPY TECHNIQUES”