Stretching and Trigger Point Release Therapy (Lifesaver)

Trigger Point injections, Myofascial Massage techniques, and many more.
Richard1969

Re: Stretching and Trigger Point Release Therapy (Lifesaver)

Post by Richard1969 »

It's been three weeks and pain is slowly creeping back. Slight pain at glans still, but not as bad as it has been in the past. Noticed my piriformis muscle is getting tighter again. Did yoga last night and it helped. Going to do external piriformis and hamstring trigger point and external massage tonight. Next PT appointment is for Monday for internal piriformis treatment.

Does anyone know why pain doctors want to schedule injections 8-10 weeks apart?
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Robert's article mention concern about nerve damage from too many steroid blocks.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Richard1969

Post by Richard1969 »

Wanted to update. I had Physical Therapy on Monday (Internal focus on piriformis). I did Yoga last night. It's been one month since my multiple injection approach (piriformis, Pudendal Canal, and ganglion impar). Still only slight pain. My believe is that my pain is originating from my sacrum. Whether it is due to irritated nerves, therefore the ganglion impar block, a tight right piriformis muscle, or the Pudendal canal; I'm still not sure. Just know that when I am relaxed and have done stretches the pain is less and discoloration of the glans of my penis is more normal.
Richard1969

Post by Richard1969 »

Okay everyone. I had the following three injections done today:

-Right side Piriformis muscle injections in 3 spots
-Ganglion Impar Block
-Superior Hypogastric Plexus block

I will be tracking my progress and reporting back the results. As always, my two and only symptoms are coccyx pain and pain on the right side of my glans.

Wish me Luck.
cpps-admin

Post by cpps-admin »

mod3 wrote:CPPS admin, I read through this thread and I do not see any personal attacks or hostile responses. Could you please be specific about what you are referring to? If you see something that is a personal attack, please quote it or link to is so we know what you are talking about, rather than making generalizations.

Thanks,

Violet M/Mod3
I think you'll find it was suggested that the OP may "have assumed a fictitious identity to make a sales pitch". I would regard that as hostile. In addition the comment was made "it's kind of hard not to see some type of agenda in your post". Not surprising the OP disappeared. :(
I am the admin of the member forum at a chronic prostatitis (aka CPPS) website
mod3

Post by mod3 »

Yes, I suppose you could consider it a bit hostile in the response but you will have to admit the OP was also a bit out of line in telling people why they are suffering -- due to anxiety, etc.
sharona

Post by sharona »

Hi Bobby
Could you please explain - the stretching you have suggested, are recommended anyway? I'm new at this website and just read that stretchings aren't recommended for PN. Im trying to find out how to contininue and what can I do to help myself as I can't find somebody who understands about this around me.
Realy need help as so far I only made my situation worse for the last 10 months as I didn't realize what I had
Thanks
Vettegirl

Post by Vettegirl »

I also did the Wise-Anderson Protocol for four months and got worse not better. All I gained was an incredibly sore pelvic floor which up till that point was the least of my problems. However, after I finally quit with the wand that is hard as rocks I started with a similar technique but having a PT do it instead with hands (much softer than resin plastic) and after 3 month of only twice a week I was improved some. Unfortunately I couldn't keep up with it due to the financial drain from the therapy and meds. I'm now ready to try again and hoping I will get further!
Just a girl in the world going one day at a time
cpps-admin

Post by cpps-admin »

Vettegirl wrote:I also did the Wise-Anderson Protocol for four months and got worse not better. All I gained was an incredibly sore pelvic floor which up till that point was the least of my problems.
The fact that trigger point treatment increased your pain is an excellent indication that you do indeed have trigger points. Trigger points very typically become worse when first treated. I think this fact is downplayed by therapists, who don't want to scare you off. Trigger points usually get worse for a short time (days) before they get better. Treatment initially needs to be frequent (several times a day). Seeing a therapist only once a week is a recipe for increased pain. That's why it's important to learn how to treat yourself, so you can do it frequently.
I am the admin of the member forum at a chronic prostatitis (aka CPPS) website
ezer

Post by ezer »

Oh come on. You treat trigger points and they are back a week later. Be it on the first session or the 100th. Been there, done that. It is not the solution.
2002 PN pain started following a fall on a wet marble floor
2004 Headache in the pelvis clinic. Diagnosed with PNE by Drs. Jerome Weiss, Stephen Mann, and Rodney Anderson
2004-2007 PT, Botox, diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Sheldon Jordan
2010 MRN and 3T MRI showing PNE. Diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Aaron Filler. 2 failed PNE surgeries.
2011-2012 Horrific PN pain.
2013 Experimented with various Mind-body modalities
3/2014 Significantly better
11/2014 Cured. No pain whatsoever since

Return to “PHYSICAL THERAPY TECHNIQUES”