Has anyone posted Dr. Conways PTs do? Should I get details?

Trigger Point injections, Myofascial Massage techniques, and many more.
blightcp

Has anyone posted Dr. Conways PTs do? Should I get details?

Post by blightcp »

I don't want to repeat information already here, but I see two of Dr. Conway's Physical Therapists weekly.

I don't see details of how they treat PN here. Would it be helpful if I try to get detailed info on how they treat pudendal patients?
PN by sedentary job and commute
Treated for IlioInguinal pain 2008-10
PT by Dr. Conway's team | 3 PN blocks @ Elliott in Manchester USA
TIR 2010 and TG by Dr. Conway in May of 2012 uncovered nerve damage, declared surgical failure in May of 2014
PT and bed rest continues
Employer refused accommodations in 8/13, now in the disability war.
Sacrial Stimulator 9/14 by Dr. Ross Boston MA
Anesthetic pain pump trial 3/16/15 by Dr. Ross
Karyn

Re: Has anyone posted Dr. Conways PTs do? Should I get detai

Post by Karyn »

Hi Blight,
Who does Dr. Conway recommend for PT?

Kind regards,
Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
blightcp

Post by blightcp »

There are two PTs here that handle pelvic pain. I have been using them since 2010.

http://www.stjosephhospital.com/About/M ... cal-Center
TIR 2010 and TG by Dr. Conway in May of 2012 uncovered nerve damage, declared surgical failure in May of 2014
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

Thanks, Blight!

Kind regards,
Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Hi Carl,

How is PT going for you these days? I would be interested to hear what techniques the PT's use. You sound like you are probably an experienced expert on the subject and although I'm not in PT myself now, inevitably at some point someone will be asking what to expect.

Thanks,

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
hopeman

Post by hopeman »

Detai

Did Dr Hibner cut your SSL and repairs it.

Did you develop pelvis instability after cutting SSL?

Hopeman
hopeman

Post by hopeman »

Blightcp

Did Dr Conway cut your SSL and related it.

Dit cutting SSL lead to your pelvis instability?

Hopeman
hopeman

pelvis instability

Post by hopeman »

Hi everyone

I guess the most serious side effect of pudenfal surgery is pelvis instability coming from cutting SSL. However, I have asked 10 people here whose SSL be cut only one peoole developed pelvis instsbility after SLL be cutted.
Actaually, somepeople tell me that he or she nerve heard anyone whose ssl be cutted developed pelvis instsbility. It tends that the probability of pelvis instability after TG surgery is low, and thus, the mjor risk of surgery tends to be low. Do you agree?
In addition, my left side STL have been partial incisced. My falciform process of STL of left side reserved. If I continue to cut falciform process of STL, does it lead to pelvis instsbility.

Hopeman
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Well, the falciform process is near where the ligament attaches to the sit bone (ischial tuberosity). The ligament is quite wide there. You can see it in this picture. http://www.pudendalhope.info/sites/defa ... Female.jpg
or in this picture: http://www.pudendalhope.info/sites/defa ... 57_02B.jpg
I guess regarding your question of instability if the ligament is cut there -- I don't see how shaving off a bit of it would affect pelvic stability. I can't see any reason why they would cut off a large portion of the falciform process so it's not something I would worry about. According to wiki, the falciform process is absent in 13% of cadavers anyway. I had part of it shaved off in my surgery and haven't had any problems from it.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
blightcp

Post by blightcp »

I'm sorry for such a long time to respond. I only get pelvic instability when standing still. I can barely type an email before having an issue, pain and the Need to keep moving. It gets really uncomfortable fast.

Yes both of my SS ligaments are completely removed and nothing was reattached.

The ligaments are there to take the strain off of the muscles and to help things stay in place.

As long as I keep walking I am OK. So I pace constantly.

Return to “PHYSICAL THERAPY TECHNIQUES”