pelvic myalgia - weird tingling anyone?

Trigger Point injections, Myofascial Massage techniques, and many more.
I_miss_sitting_down

pelvic myalgia - weird tingling anyone?

Post by I_miss_sitting_down »

Hey everyone! I have very particular symptoms that for some reason I can't find other people with tight pelvic floors have. But, in hopes there someone else like me out there here it goes:

I'm a a 24 year old woman who deeply deeply deeply regrets holding in her in pee way too long in April of 2013. Upon running to the bathroom, I felt something twitch or move in my abdomen. Ever since then, I've had the following (some really weird) symptoms:

1)discomfort/pain when sitting for too long (that's normal)
2) decreased sensation of genital area (that one you could say is normal if the pudendal nerve has been affected)
3) decreased sensation when peeing/bowel movement (this one I can't find other people have, does anyone else no longer feel peeing like they used to? like maybe peeing feels like 20% of what it felt before)
4)really excessive bloating/gases (I can only let gases out when I'm bent over on all fours with my head on the ground, and it brings relief after I've been sitting down for too long. It's not that it happens, it's the time. I can literally be letting gas out for 10 minutes or so)
5)Tight abdomen, gurgling noise, which leads to some constipation but I wouldn't say is constant at all

After visits to the urologist, gynaecologist, neurologist, gastroenterologist I FINALLY stumbled upon Dr. Richard Marvel who informed me of pelvic floor myalgia.

So, I'm doing physical therapy involving the following: myofascial release, stretching the abdomen and the legs and not sitting down at all. But now I have tingling. Tingling can be sometimes when I wake up and I have to let gas out. It can be in the legs, it can be on the sides and on the back. It's not painful, but it's weird and I think my genital sensation is even worse. So the discomfort is I think actually better now, but now there's this weird tingling/muscle twitching thing going on and I think decreased genital sensation.

Does anyone if this is normal? Am I making things worse or better? Is there any way genital sensation gets worse before getting better? Should I post this somewhere else? Someone please tell me they can relate!!!!
Rane

Re: pelvic myalgia - weird tingling anyone?

Post by Rane »

Hey, I too held in my pee for too long (with a soft cup nontheless). That was a contrbuting factor to my current problem. I have all the symptoms you described, some to a lesser degree, exept perhaps the tingling. Well, I mean I did have tingling in my genitals, but that isn't as bad as it was. I have very tight pelvic mucles on my left side which is actually affecting my sciatic nerve! Maybe your tight muscles are hurting the other nerves? You may want to ask your therapist.
Violet M

Re: pelvic myalgia - weird tingling anyone?

Post by Violet M »

I wouldn't say symptoms 1-4 that you mentioned about are unusual for what I hear around here. Lots o people with pudendal neuralgia have complained of irritable bowel syndrome symptoms.

Can't say for sure what's causing the tingling. There were certain stretches that made me worse because they were stretching the pudendal nerve but I would think the PT Dr. Marvel sent you to would be aware of the risk of stretching the nerve and have you avoid those types of stretching exercises. Definitely something to ask the PT about.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “PHYSICAL THERAPY TECHNIQUES”