Pudendal Nerve Floss/Glide

Trigger Point injections, Myofascial Massage techniques, and many more.
Rivahgal

Pudendal Nerve Floss/Glide

Post by Rivahgal »

I wanted to know about nerve flossing or gliding for the pudendal nerve. My PT was trying to come up with a suggestion for flossing the pudendal nerve as there are many options for flossing the sciatic nerve. Anyone have ideas? :idea:

Rivahgal
Karyn

Re: Pudendal Nerve Floss/Glide

Post by Karyn »

Hi RG,

The way I was taught nerve flossing (PT and Dr. Conways nurse) is to stand with both feet together. You gently slide one foot in front of you and then slide it back to the contralateral foot. Repeat other side.

I've read of other methods here on the board. I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
desperate

Re: Pudendal Nerve Floss/Glide

Post by desperate »

I had a thought months ago that stretching is bad and nerve gliding would probably be better for pne. Tried it and I had one of the worst flares ever. Had sciatica and full pn symptoms for a Month. Not sure if I'd try it again. Although it mayyyyy be the solution I'm not ready to endure that huge flare again.
Pudendal pain started in Feb 2014. Potter MRI- useless findings (dont waste your money), tried pelvic floor pt, ART, Trigenics, Osteopathic treatment, fascial work, Massage, Shockwave, world renown chiros, osteopaths and PTs, stretching bla bla. Nothing helped but shockwave (which was short lived) and one world renown chiro that is a douchebag because he cant treat me again. All in all, God is the only one who can lead your path.

Return to “PHYSICAL THERAPY TECHNIQUES”