Breathing Exercises and Increased Pain

Accupuncture, Reiki, Cognitive Behavourial Therapy, Prolotheraphy, Radio Frequency, Hypnotherapy, Osteopathy and many more.
aspire

Breathing Exercises and Increased Pain

Post by aspire »

Hello,
I have recently been doing some deep breathing and diaphragmatic breathing exercises to help relax the pelvic floor. Sometimes when I inhale I get a sharp nervy pain near the vulva. I'm curious if anyone else has experience this. My PT had taken a guess that perhaps the muscle movement had perhaps irritated the nerve. Needless to say I won't be continuing those exercises for quite a while but would like to discuss it with my doctor (Dr. Mario Castellanos) during my next visit. It would be helpful to know if others have experienced this or something similar and gotten any answers from their doctors or PTs.
Thanks!
Violet M

Re: Breathing Exercises and Increased Pain

Post by Violet M »

I don't remember having a similar experience but I can see how it might happen, similar to the way tense muscles in spasm irritate the pudendal nerve in the pelvic floor. I guess the trick for you would be to evaluate which muscles might be the culprit, such as the psoas or some of the pelvic muscles like the obturator internus or levator ani.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “OTHER THERAPIES”