Chiropractor question

Accupuncture, Reiki, Cognitive Behavourial Therapy, Prolotheraphy, Radio Frequency, Hypnotherapy, Osteopathy and many more.
janetm2

Re: Chiropractor question

Post by janetm2 »

Lola2 and Ray,
I still have PN/PNE pain but the successful chiro was to stop my pelvis from going out of whack which normally causes both back and PN pain. Guess I can drop PNE as the nerve was decompressed so just PN residual recovery pain now. In general the PN pain is lowering in both pain level and how often I may flare, etc. I am not as worn out at the end of the day pain wise and when talking to PT today I realized I was less concious of needing to get up from my desk so I may be sitting a little longer or just randomly got up enough to not feel the pain telling me to get up. I have a desk job but do get up to talk to others or pick up printouts. FYI PT and the acupuncturist also feel that working on my feet can be a help to lower the PN pain. I have had 20+ years of chronic foot pain so I sat predominantly and my feet are just no beginning to be loosening up from their work. Take care and wishing better days for everyone.
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
Ray P.

Post by Ray P. »

I have feet problems which is worse then the PNE in some ways. I think it is tied into the PNE, but know one is connecting it.
Jane to keep us up to date.

Ray
janetm2

Post by janetm2 »

Ray,
Even if the foot pain is not tied to PNE as in both nerve pain or something. It would seem a connection because if the foot pain makes you walk differently it seems it could contribute to PN pain. Kind of like if you limp it goes up and then your back hip and other stuff starts to hurt. Since the feet are the bottom of your structure the Acupunturist felt the feet could be more important for him to work on and now PT is focusing 1/2 time (alternating my appointments) for the pudendal nervre and feet. I could not get the two chiropractors back to back appointments but will ask Keen to check out my feet or should I get an appointment with his son. My appointment is next week. I guess I should have said I actually do have nerve pain as part of my chronic foot pain so it very well could be tied to PNE. Fortunately that pain has been wiped out with the Amitriptylene. Sorry to hear your foot pain is worse than the PN. More than one pain is really a struggle but you can overcome with help and I hope you can get treatment for both.
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
Ray P.

Post by Ray P. »

I had this foot pain for almost as long as the PNE. I had a chiro. treat it for months with no results. Went to countless Podiatrist. Had exploratory surgery; all they found they said was an entrap nerve. It is just gotten worse over the years where I don't do much walking.
janetm2

Post by janetm2 »

Ray,
Sorry to hear they have not helped your foot pain. I did go twenty plus years without any work on my feet so we will see if this helps. I think the acupuncture with PT is making a difference but have not tried a longer walk. I am doing more cooking on Saturday and not hurting as much. I generally limit walking and standing so no trips to the mall until my new wheelchair and roho cushion. You would think feet problems would have more support from the medical profession but I guess they have not figured all those out yet. Take Care
Janet
helen1000

Post by helen1000 »

I use chiropractor that is specializing in assymetric pelvis. My left muscles are much shorter than right. So it is a bit helpful.
Before I used general chiropractor and it did not help.
I guess it depends.
If you live in Detroit I go to head and spine institute to Dr Debo.
8 nerve blocks rel 6 w.Met Dr. Peters,Dr. Antolack.Dr. Peters pacemaker,Dr Antolack TG operation.Maigne s.Internal PT at Dr Peters Nothing.PFCN block rel 6 w. PFCN RFA.Nothing.SI joint RFA.Nothing.Left scar tissue removal.Good.SIJD. PT of SI joint ME, and Prolo of SI and PS.Lumbar spine facets turned left. ME. T10-12 facets too wide.T10 turned left.ME and Prolo.Labral tears in left hip, spurs.Will have operation at 09/18/13,Met with Dr Conway.EMG shows left PN problem.Good impression of Dr C.
pmurali1

Post by pmurali1 »

I live in detroit and would like to know doctor from whom you had injection for Posterior femoral cutaneous nerve entrapment.
drkirkandrew

Post by drkirkandrew »

Every PN/PNE patient has a foot issue of some type, to varying degrees....whether they know it or not.
deBBieW

Post by deBBieW »

Interesting comment by Dr. Andrews -

I have foot pain, left side - and that's my worst side for everything else too. The top of my left foot, towards the toes gets numby, tingly, and feels sort of cold. Sometimes I get a feeling of something like ice cubes being dropped around the ankle too, very strange. If I put some heat on my foot, then it feels better. Strange, because everything else needs to be iced.

Debbie
Vag pain, leg burning 3/11, SIJ inj 7/11, Pelvic PT, Chiro/acupuncture,
2-CT pudendal blks 11/2012, did help, less deep vag pain
Potter MRI 04/2012 - Scar tissue/thickening at SS/ST, scar in Alcock canal -bilateral,
Hibner 6/12 suggests Botox (didnt do), 8/12 more pelvic PT w/ dry needling
Gabapentin 1800 mg, Lyrica 200 mg, 5mg valium, vicodin as needed
Trying to get rid of central sensitization burning pain in my legs, Valium seems to be helping
Looking into more mindfulness options. . . . .
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

drkirkandrew wrote:Every PN/PNE patient has a foot issue of some type, to varying degrees....whether they know it or not.
It sure does seem that way. However, the PN doesn't innervate the lower extremities. My guess would be the common factor is the sacral nerve roots (?).
Any comments?
Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.

Return to “OTHER THERAPIES”