Whole body cryo therapy

Accupuncture, Reiki, Cognitive Behavourial Therapy, Prolotheraphy, Radio Frequency, Hypnotherapy, Osteopathy and many more.
jaxi123

Whole body cryo therapy

Post by jaxi123 »

Has anyone tried this?
flyer28

Re: Whole body cryo therapy

Post by flyer28 »

I would also like to know some experiences, there is a possibility in my town to try this cryotherapy. They stated that it might be beneficial also for irriatated nerves, because it will calm them down, but I am afraid that pudendal nerve is too delicate structure to such experimets...I would really like to know your opinions...
summer 2009 - episodic post ejaculatory pain,
early 2010- major flare-up, chronification
february 2011 - ESCW wave. major flare-up, lasting 5 months
february 2012 - diagnosed CPPS with irritation of pudendal nerve, hypog. plexus block
june 2012 - dorsal nerve block, no relief
2013 - starting PT with moderate results
2014-2017 better periods interchanging with heavy flare ups
2018 first long remission (several months)
2019-2023 most of the time almost assymptomatic with cca 2 flare ups yearly
flyer28

Post by flyer28 »

4 days ago I tried whole body cryotheraphy but unfortunately it did not help, rather aggravated my condition, I have regular flare/up now, and regret it, but I feel gratitude for great summer I had, 10 weeks without flare/up, only some portion of muscular pain/discomfort.
february 2012 - diagnosed CPPS with irritation of pudendal nerve, hypog. plexus block
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Hi Flyer. Hopefully the flare-up is temporary. Sounds like a painful procedure -- but maybe it's just that I hate being cold. Do they put you to sleep? How long do they keep you cold?

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
flyer28

Post by flyer28 »

Hi Violet,
wholebody cryotherapy means that you enter the chamber with 120 degree Celsius for approximately 2 minuts. you are walking in the circle and then you have to exercise in order to foster the bloodflow etc. I had 2 weeks flare/up because my pelvis muscles contracted, then I was at my PT and had good 5-6 days. Last few days I am struggling again, cold wet weather, depressive mood and the fact that I am off any mediacation might be the culprit, I had great summer, 10 weeks with only minor pain/discomfort fully enjoying sun and summer, but now I am struggling again, 4th november I have another PT session and in December I am planning Dry needling session. of course I should resume Amytriptuilin and Lyrica I guess...
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Flyer, do you have any idea why your summer was so good but now you are feeling bad again? If you can see a pattern maybe that would be helpful in figuring a permanent way out of this.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “OTHER THERAPIES”