Dr. Hibner Said I Have CRPS of Pudendal Nerve

Accupuncture, Reiki, Cognitive Behavourial Therapy, Prolotheraphy, Radio Frequency, Hypnotherapy, Osteopathy and many more.

Dr. Hibner Said I Have CRPS of Pudendal Nerve

Postby Tiny Dancer2 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:16 am

Seven years ago, Dr. Michael Hibner did surgery on me and I still am in tremendous pain. I had been in pain for 40 years before the surgery and today he said that the nerve had been trapped for so long, I had developed CRPS or an overly sensitive nerve that reacts wildly to even an injection. So he is sending me to have ketamine infusions.

Trouble with that is that insurance won't cover it and it costs about $800 an infusion. I have to have ten of those and there is no guarantee that it will work! Yikes!
Tiny Dancer2
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:14 pm

Re: Dr. Hibner Said I Have CRPS of Pudendal Nerve

Postby nyt » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:32 pm

Some people have been successful getting their insurance to pay for ketamine because Medicare covers it. You have nothing to loose by calling your insurance company and finding out what you need to do to appeal their decision since Medicare pays for it. You will need to work your way up the chain of command because the you need someone higher up in the insurance company that really makes these decisions. No guarantees but it is worth a try.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
nyt
 
Posts: 1155
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:24 am

Re: Dr. Hibner Said I Have CRPS of Pudendal Nerve

Postby Tiny Dancer2 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:03 pm

I have medicare and I was told by the clinic that they wouldn't cover it. But now I will call them myself, thank you sooo much!
Tiny Dancer2
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:14 pm

Re: Dr. Hibner Said I Have CRPS of Pudendal Nerve

Postby Amy01 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:28 am

I also heard similar situation in the clinic, with argument of insurance coverage. Infusion research provide mixed stats for success All the best!!
Amy01
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:35 am

Re: Dr. Hibner Said I Have CRPS of Pudendal Nerve

Postby nyt » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:05 pm

Tiny Dancer2, I have plain Medicare, not an Advantage Plan and they cover my ketamine infusions at 80% of reasonable and customary cost and I pay the other 20%. They have paid for my infusions the last 5 years so I know plain Medicare covers it. Some of the Medicate Advantage Plans may not.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
nyt
 
Posts: 1155
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:24 am

Re: Dr. Hibner Said I Have CRPS of Pudendal Nerve

Postby Nina Conti » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:35 am

nyt wrote:Tiny Dancer2, I have plain Medicare, not an Advantage Plan and they cover my ketamine infusions at 80% of reasonable and customary cost and I pay the other 20%. They have paid for my infusions the last 5 years so I know plain Medicare covers it. Some of the Medicate Advantage Plans may not.


How did it go?
Nina Conti
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:11 pm


Return to OTHER THERAPIES

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest