Has anyone tried CUPPING?

Accupuncture, Reiki, Cognitive Behavourial Therapy, Prolotheraphy, Radio Frequency, Hypnotherapy, Osteopathy and many more.
comet101

Has anyone tried CUPPING?

Post by comet101 »

I've been getting my shoulder worked on with cupping. I was curious if anyone has tried to heal PN with this kind of treatment. Cupping rushes the area with blood which might help in the healing of the nerve. I'm scared to try it for fear of making my situation worse.

~Julie
Atlanta GA
PN 5 years
stephanies

Re: Has anyone tried CUPPING?

Post by stephanies »

Hi,

I have had cupping around the PN, buttock area, and it causes me to flare. I am now getting it done on my legs (hamstrings, adductors) and around my hip to see if that will loosen muscles and increase blood flow and help the PN by proximity.

Stephanies
Last edited by stephanies on Fri May 05, 2017 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.
comet101

Post by comet101 »

Thanks you for the info! Please let me know how it goes. Weird thing... when I was getting my shoulder done, I could feel my leg/butt area starting to tingle. My thought was: Holy cow too much blood is leaving the area of my pudendal nerve and traveling to my shoulder and now my pudendal nerve is starving. Thank goodness the flare only lasted 24 hours. I doped up on ibuprofen. Then the thought that flooding the PN area might cause healing. Can't wait to hear how it goes. Good luck!!

~Julie
GwenR

Post by GwenR »

Hello Julie,

Yes, I've tried cupping. My acupuncture doc told me it doesn't reach deep enough into the pelvis to have any effect on the nerves. I still do it though on the sides of the upper butt cheek areas because I think it helps with circulation to this area and also my ligaments in this area are really tight. I bought my cupping set online a few years ago.

GwenR
Alan1646

Post by Alan1646 »

Yes, I have had cupping done by two Chinese accupuncture / Traditional medicine doctors, qualified in China. The effect was to leave cup marks on my skin where the cups were applied.
"if you want to keep a secret you must also hide it from yourself" Orwell
Michael Petrasso

Post by Michael Petrasso »

Alan1646 wrote:Yes, I have had cupping done by two Chinese accupuncture / Traditional medicine doctors, qualified in China. The effect was to leave cup marks on my skin where the cups were applied.
I wonder if this is actually beneficial or just some kind of placebo effect.
Last edited by Michael Petrasso on Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
comet101

Post by comet101 »

Michael Petrasso wrote:
Alan1646 wrote:Yes, I have had cupping done by two Chinese accupuncture / Traditional medicine doctors, qualified in China. The effect was to leave cup marks on my skin where the cups were applied.
I wonder if this is actually beneficial or just some kind of placebo effect.

I know it helped my shoulder, but can't tell you if it was science or placebo effect.
I'm having the surgery that Dr Jarnagin performs in January. I'm not going to try the cupping. I can email you all the info I have gathered if you are interested.
~Julie
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Hi Julie,

What type of surgery is Dr. Jarnagin doing? I know he does the amniotic allograft injections but hadn't heard of him doing surgery for PN.

Wishing you luck with the procedure.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “OTHER THERAPIES”