Can This Recur?

PNMLT, EMG, SSEP, and other Nerve function testing.
The different techniques, results and opinions.
TnKiss

Can This Recur?

Post by TnKiss »

In 2003, I was diagnosed with Left Pudendal Neuritis during my pregnancy. This was done by a very good local neurologist via EMG (for those of you who have had this, you know it's alot to go through to get the diagnosis). Since then, I have intermittently had very similar pain - pain feeling like it's deep in my core in and around the crease of my left leg and weakness and pain trying to move object laterally with leg. I do not have the burning like I did during the pregnancy but the shooting pains are just as severe. Is it possible for this to keep recurring after the original diagnosis and for so long after it, as well? I have a ton of other medical history but I guess I just need to start with this question for the moment ...
Violet M

Re: Can This Recur?

Post by Violet M »

Pudendal neuralgia can come and go. Hope that answers your question.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
chrissy

Post by chrissy »

That sounds like SPD
blightcp

Post by blightcp »

Some people are more prone to PN than others, read in a medical journal that 30% of the population the pudendal nerve runs a different way. Out of those 30% there are three main deviations, or paths, the nerve can make. One is VERY susceptible to PN, and the other two to a lesser extent.

Rx muscle relaxants help but they wont help the muscles behave better.

If you find it flaring up I would suggest finding the right PT to help you. You do not want kegel exercises!!! If you don't have good conscious control of your pelvic floor they should work with you to get better at it but kegels will make PN worse.

My PT starts with external massage of the groin muscles, hip, rear, and inner thigh and then does internal rectal trigger point release on the pelvic floor. It was painful to start and was immediately after but 20 min lster I feel SO much better as the whole area is finally relaxed.

I hope this helps.
PN by sedentary job and commute
Treated for IlioInguinal pain 2008-10
PT by Dr. Conway's team | 3 PN blocks @ Elliott in Manchester USA
TIR 2010 and TG by Dr. Conway in May of 2012 uncovered nerve damage, declared surgical failure in May of 2014
PT and bed rest continues
Employer refused accommodations in 8/13, now in the disability war.
Sacrial Stimulator 9/14 by Dr. Ross Boston MA
Anesthetic pain pump trial 3/16/15 by Dr. Ross

Return to “NEUROLOGICAL TESTING”