Testing in the DC, MD, VA area

PNMLT, EMG, SSEP, and other Nerve function testing.
The different techniques, results and opinions.
ComputerRepairGuy

Testing in the DC, MD, VA area

Post by ComputerRepairGuy »

Anyone have any recommendations for doctors around DC, or parts of Maryland or Virginia that are close to DC? I don't own a car, so my commute is restricted to bus or metro. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
April

Re: Testing in the DC, MD, VA area

Post by April »

Hi CRG:

Dr. Shobeiri recently left OKC and is now at a clinic in northern Virginia. I'm not sure which one, but you can probably call the OKC number to get his new location.

April
Carol18

Post by Carol18 »

Hi , I need help, I think I have this condition , but I don't know what kind or Doctor can make the diagnosis , how it's the proces, what kind a test they are going to sent , they are painfull? I live in Virginia can I find a doctor here? please help me whit information . Thanks
RJR

Post by RJR »

Carol,
I am from the DC area, and have gone the whole 9 yards with PNE. Dr Marvel is in Maryland. Recommend you look at the Diagnosis and other parts of this website to get informed on the process, symptoms, and also for a look at the list of doctors. Can you share what you are experiencing?

There are many resources on this site, including those on the forum.
Bob
Cyclist till perineal pain onset R side (Apr'08). Dx with PN (Aug'09). Lyrica gave 30% pain reduction. Potter MRI (Oct'10) validated at surgery with Dr Hibner (Nov'10) - found nerve attached to scarred STL. Now sitting 10 hrs/day vs 1 hr/day pre-op. Occasional MRI-guided steroid injections by Dr. Jan Fritz at Johns Hopkins. Surgery video = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FDwana6SQU

Deep neuropathic burning pain flares have been gone since surgery...Grateful to Dr Hibner.
Carol18

Post by Carol18 »

HI Bob, than you for replay to me, I read about Dr Marvel but made me scared all the reviews he had are terrible , my symptoms are pressure in the anus, vagina, when I going to do bowel movement it's the worst the pressure star in minutes or hours, some times thank you God some times like knife sharing pain in the coccyx and now I hard stool , constipation and I has been used Miralax for 5 moths ,you can read my all history in the welcome page title I "new in this please help" carol18. I'm in depression, 2 months ago my urulogist say I have interstitial cistytitis, now this.
My husband made a appoiment whit DR Goldstein, but it is so expensive and I don't know if he know very well this condition,
I can't afford other appointments whit him, who gave your diagnosis?how you feel? sorry so many question ,find people like you its a blessing.
Carol
RJR

Post by RJR »

Hi Carol,
I was diagnosed first in Houston and then migrated to Drs Hibner/Castellanos at St Joseph's in Phoenix. I am partial to them. I have a preference for doctors and treatment at university hospitals, as they are paid as staff employees and not by the procedure (reduced conflict of interest IMO). And they take most all insurance. My best experiences have been at Johns Hopkins (MD) and St Josephs (AZ) medical centers.

Thorough diagnosis is the key to starting down the correct treatment path. The best advice I can give anyone is to treat this like a part time job and do your research, and leave no stone unturned.
Best,
Bob
Cyclist till perineal pain onset R side (Apr'08). Dx with PN (Aug'09). Lyrica gave 30% pain reduction. Potter MRI (Oct'10) validated at surgery with Dr Hibner (Nov'10) - found nerve attached to scarred STL. Now sitting 10 hrs/day vs 1 hr/day pre-op. Occasional MRI-guided steroid injections by Dr. Jan Fritz at Johns Hopkins. Surgery video = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FDwana6SQU

Deep neuropathic burning pain flares have been gone since surgery...Grateful to Dr Hibner.
FinalCountdown

Post by FinalCountdown »

I urge you to see David Gordon in Baltimore / Reisterstown - he's a urologist with a subspecialty in neurology (he treats both sexes). I was there today. His secretary, Patty, is a peach of a person.

Return to “NEUROLOGICAL TESTING”