Post PNE Dr. Dellon surgical update

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
jaxi123

Re: Post PNE Dr. Dellon surgical update

Post by jaxi123 »

Any update yet?
jaxi123

Post by jaxi123 »

Any update yet
Frankiet

Post by Frankiet »

13 months post surgery completely healed, no meds. Gone fishing!
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Thank you for the update, Frank. Very happy for you!

I would be interested to hear what approach Dr. Dellon did.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
lightmail

Post by lightmail »

Seems that this person only posted 3 times, am I correct. They seemed to be doing a lot of stuff just 3 weeks after operation then says no more posts. Strange. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Haven't
been keeping up.
Frankiet

Post by Frankiet »

Yes light mail, I am strange, if only you knew!
First off, I joined this forum as I was researching my pain. I never knew what Pudendal nerve pain was. I had prostate cancer, my prostate was surgically removed in 2004. In 2005 I had a recurrence. Thus time I had 30 days of radiation therapy. In 2012 I began having sitting pain. It got bad enough that I had my left hip replaced, no improvement, but a new hip. Realizing it was pudendal nerve I started researching doctors. I live in Delaware, 2 hrs drive to Dr. Dellon. He charges 18,500 for the surgery, no Medicare accepted. I had the surgery Jul 13 , 2015. Ihad been on opioid Vicodin and MSContin morphine until Jun 3rd 2016, I cold turkeys off without pain. I use medical cannabis to help with minor pain and appetite improvement. My weight went from 220 prior to pain to 158 after surgery and 178 today. I walk 3 miles everyday and have restored my boat and motor and have returned to fishing. Best wishes to everyone who is seeking relief. I am not a huge fan of Dr. Dellon, he is a little strange, very expensive, non insurance taking, etc., but, he healed me, I am forever grateful. Do you have any questions, comments?
wannagetbetter

Post by wannagetbetter »

Did Dr. Dellon do a pudendal nerve decompression? Where was your entrapment?
lightmail

Post by lightmail »

That's great that he helped you Frankiet. You healed so fast. Nice to hear successes in the pudendal surgeries.. Please let us know how it's going every once in a while, gives us some hope. Did your insurance pay for the hospital and other costs except for the 18,000 cash he charged. Isn't he getting really old by now? I was going to go to him years ago but didn't. One more question: Did he cut both ligaments or just one. Thanks
Frankiet

Post by Frankiet »

image.png
image.png (364.2 KiB) Viewed 4103 times
I got reimbursed about $200-$300 from Tricare who paid 20% of what Medicare would have paid if he accepted, which is about 10 % of what he charges. It sucks, but again, it's worth it if it brings relief, and who else does this surgery?

I have been sitting while composing this email. I chose to upload a portion of the surgical report in the event anyone who also had radiation induced nerve damage while undergoing prostate cancer recurrence can understand their pain and seek relief.

Best wishes to everyone,
Frank
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Frank, thanks for posting the surgery report. I have to say that was a fascinating read for someone like me who has been following the various approaches to surgery for many years.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “SURGERY”