Post operative care help

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
pink24

Post operative care help

Post by pink24 »

I will be taking care of my friend after she has the Pudendal Nerve Decompression Surgery by the transgluteal approach by Dr. Hibnar. Can anyone offer any advice? Im thinking of things like- ways to comfort, distract, things you wish you knew, what didn't work....etc. She will be staying there for up to three weeks-

Thank you for taking the time to help!
RJR

Re: Post operative care help

Post by RJR »

Hello pink,
I had surgery with Dr Hibner and stayed in Phoenix for 3 weeks. Posted in detail...see below link...
Best,
Bob

http://www.pudendalhope.info/forum/view ... &hilit=rjr
Cyclist till perineal pain onset R side (Apr'08). Dx with PN (Aug'09). Lyrica gave 30% pain reduction. Potter MRI (Oct'10) validated at surgery with Dr Hibner (Nov'10) - found nerve attached to scarred STL. Now sitting 10 hrs/day vs 1 hr/day pre-op. Occasional MRI-guided steroid injections by Dr. Jan Fritz at Johns Hopkins. Surgery video = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FDwana6SQU

Deep neuropathic burning pain flares have been gone since surgery...Grateful to Dr Hibner.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

That is very kind of you to take care of your friend.

Hopefully your friend likes to watch TV. A set up that allows her to lie down while watching would be good. Some good books from the library might be nice.

Some nice soft pillows to get propped into comfy positions would be good.

Either have an ice machine for pain relief or some gel ice packs on hand.

Wishing your friend a successful surgery!

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
wendy7

Post by wendy7 »

Hi Pink,

I stayed in Phoenix for almost a month, after my surgery. I was by myself, so I did alot of ordering in for food. But, I could of definitely used some help with changing of bandages and food prep. I hope your friend has a good outcome.

Take care,
Wendy
Unlilateral Surgery 9/27/07 - Dr. Conway
Redo Unlilateral Surgery 10/15/10 - With Dr. Hibner AND Dr. Conway
Results - Fantastic!
jaxi123

Post by jaxi123 »

Pink
Has your friend had pne surgery yet? If so what was the outcome?

Return to “SURGERY”