Transgluteal billateral decompression surgery

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
Simplechesscode

Transgluteal billateral decompression surgery

Post by Simplechesscode »

Hello people.
Im 33 old man.

I had transgluteal PNE decompression surgery and it was on 23th october and today is about 25 days after the operation.
I am taking pain medications: tramadol (tramal-opioid) and gabapentine with corticosteroids...

When Im lying my and not standing more then 10 min my pain related to wounds is bearable...
My external wounds are fine...
Even though on pressure I feel pain which radiates all over perineum...
I was having before operation and after, now, SLEEP RELATED PAINFUL ERECTIONS which are making my symptoms much worse then it would be without it.

My main CONCERN now is one new pain which wasnt there before decompression surgery- it is pain in SCROTUM and TESTICLES which persists all the time (I have started to feel it 1-2 days after operation)... My testicles and even skin around them are painful...
Those mentioned erections are increasing that pain around testicles... Im very worried about it and dont know what to do... My surgeon said it shouldnt be connected to surgery because we were far away from that area during operation...
What do you think?

Anyone here had similar experience?

I can live with general pain as this, when Im lying all day, because its a long recovery expected but that testicles and scrotum pain is not decreasing in any way... I cant touch or put any pressure on scrotum... it hurts teribble...
My plan is to see urologist and at the same time ask anaestheziologist for some new medication to reduce my sleep related painful erections which are increasing my general pain...
Thank you all in advance!
Simplechesscode

Re: Transgluteal billateral decompression surgery

Ps. I also have perineum pain and sometimes numbness but I think its expected in this early phase of healing after surgery...

Anyone?
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Simplechesscode wrote:
My main CONCERN now is one new pain which wasnt there before decompression surgery- it is pain in SCROTUM and TESTICLES which persists all the time (I have started to feel it 1-2 days after operation)... My testicles and even skin around them are painful...
Those mentioned erections are increasing that pain around testicles... Im very worried about it and dont know what to do... My surgeon said it shouldnt be connected to surgery because we were far away from that area during operation...
What do you think?

Anyone here had similar experience?
Do you know what the surgeon found during your surgery -- any entrapment, etc.?

Even though the surgeon was far away from the testicles/scrotum during surgery, he was near the main trunk of the pudendal nerve which innervates the posterior scrotum. https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/82983-overview Trauma to the nerve during surgery could cause new symptoms in areas innervated by the pudendal nerve.
I don't know the details of your surgery but my pudendal nerve was extremely irritated after PN surgery and I had new symptoms too. Those new symptoms eventually calmed down over some month's time. I took opioids for 9 months after surgery.

My husband had a tumor peeled off a facial nerve once and he had new symptoms for months afterward. Nerves heal very slowly compared to other body tissues. So keep your courage up and take it easy while you are healing.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Simplechesscode

Thank you very much Violet :)
When I was talking to my surgeon after operation he said that he did find entrapement on both sides, but he didnt want to, or didnt have time to specify locations (he didnt write it to the report also) , he said that large fibrose tissue was pressing the nerve on both sides... And he said that he cant guarantee that this will solve all of my symptoms...

My testicles paun are persistent so I made an appointment with urologist to see if there is some urologic background of this problem or it is just a normal recovery phase after decompression surgery.

For my SRPE (sleep related painful erections) i will ask doctor to give me baclofen medicine....
I will keep updates when sth new occurs...
Sorry on my bad english :)
Thx again on clearing up things...
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Dr. Bautrant told me my ligaments were hardened and sclerosed. That doesn't sound good about the fibrosed tissue. Hopefully your nerve will heal over time. You need to keep moving some to keep scar tissue from forming. Dr. Antolak used to recommend gliding exercises. http://www.pudendalhope.info/node/46#GlidingExercises
You could check with your surgeon to see if it's OK for you to do those or what he would recommend.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Simplechesscode

Thx ;)

Yeah my surgeon said gliding is ok, when I will be able without pain...
Situation now is not good...
I have wounds generated on pressure or after longer standing and constant scrotum pain and not able for gliding...

My english is not so well...
Do you have any link with pictures of those mentioned gliding exerxises...

Thx :)

I have send you PM update also...

Is there anyone who had bilaterall decompression here with some more recovery experience to share?

Thx.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

I'm sorry, I couldn't find any picture of the gliding exercises.

I understand the pain is bad right now. I had trouble walking for 5 months after surgery because of the pain but slowly it got better.

Violet
Simplechesscode

Thx Violet!
Have to be patient... And wait...
I will update any changes in recovery...

Return to “SURGERY”