Scar tissue

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
jaxi123

Scar tissue

Post by jaxi123 »

Has anyone tried to have scar tissue right under the PN E scar removed.
sadie

Re: Scar tissue

Post by sadie »

jaxi,
I am not sure if this is the same thing, but i had PN redo surgery 5 yrs ago, because
my 3tmri, indicated that i had scar tissue after my 1st PNE surgery. I will try to find dr Potters exact words....and
if they are different then what i am writing here, i will come back and correct this .

But after getting that news I went to DR Hibner in AZ and had re do surgery. I am a bit better but I still have PGAD and I am on lots of Lyrica and
Lexapro that are masking lots of symptoms. I know this because at separate times i have tried to cut back on each medication and the symptoms returned.

I had a second 3tmri in ny dec 11th 2017 and I still have scar tissue.
"dense scar encasement of both the sacrotuberous and sacrospinous ligaments, .....Scarring of the right is particularly prominent, tethering to the atrophied coccygeus muscle. ....A thickened band of scar also courses with the right pudendal nerve in the posterior margin of the Alcock's canal....." etc etc

So, I am not an expert but this looks like i still have scar tissue. :roll:

However there was not scar tissue around the dorsal nerve and that was a relief.

I am sorry I can not be of more help, and if I just confused you I apologize n advance .
Hope you find the best doctor for the job, and you get relief very soon...Sadie
2007-2010 anitriptyline for PN, 2010 it caused severe dystonia
2010 PNB w steroids caused severe PGAD
11-2010 St Josephs NH. , ketamine drip, meds etc to stop nerve from firing, nothing worked
11-2010 - 3-2011 Elliott Hosp. Pain Manag. Center , 16 PNB w/ lidocane did not work
3-2011 bilateral TG surg., w/ Dr. Conway
12-2011 3TMRI, Dr. Potter, rt side nerve re-entrapped w/ scar tissue
3-2013 rt side re-do surgery w/ Dr. Hibner for PGAD

Return to “SURGERY”