HELP BEST DOCTOR NEEDED

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
Pain4help

HELP BEST DOCTOR NEEDED

Post by Pain4help »

Hi i am a 21 year old male who deals with Pudendal nerolgua. I’ve have seen a lot of doctors and have been diagonsed. I have a interstim in my body but does not help as initially thought it was. Does anyone know the best USA surgeron who can help me. I don’t know if i need decompression surgery but i do need help and am desperate at this point.
Violet M

Re: HELP BEST DOCTOR NEEDED

Post by Violet M »

It's hard to say who the best doctor is. I think you have to consider what approach you think is going to be the best for you and then go to the physicians who offer that particular approach. That would depend on your history and symptoms and what your diagnostic tests are showing. I don't know of very many docs in the US who do PNE surgery so you can narrow it down pretty quickly. Did you have an MRI? Do you know what triggered PN for you?

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Pain4help

Post by Pain4help »

I have an mri of my pelvis. And no i do not know what triggered it and so do many other doctors. They just don’t know what was my cause. I’m stuck and want to know if Dr. Dellon, Dr. Hibner, or dr Conway can be of any help. So desperate
April

Post by April »

Hi pain4help,

As Violet mentioned, I don't think there is any way to determine who the best doctor is. The selection often depends on the kind of surgery you need, your gender (e.g., Dr. Conway might not do surgery on males, but I'm not sure), and, sometimes, financial issues (e.g., I don't think Dr. Dellon takes insurance). I would start by trying to determine which doctors do surgery on males. You might be able to figure that out on their websites. Then you could review the types of surgeries they do (that info might be available for some of the surgeons on the home page, but I assume you can also get that from calling their office), and then you could try to decide which surgery would be best given the nature of your pn and any other pelvic issues you might have. Have you been working with a doctor or a physical therapist who could help you with some of these decisions? Have you already tried some of the more conservative options (e.g., lifestyle changes, medications)?

April
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Last I knew, Dr. Conway and Dr. Hibner treat males but Dr. Hibner does not. But like April said, you should check with them because things can change.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Pain4help

Post by Pain4help »

DOes anyone know if a chiropractor could help?
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

I responded to your question about a chiropractor in your other thread. http://www.pudendalhope.info/forum/view ... 827#p59827

Violet
StarfireXO

Post by StarfireXO »

I would stay clear of Dellon. Dr. Conway was better and a bedside manner. Dr. Dellon has outbursts and did three surgeries on this male. He has a temper and is hard to deal with . None of his surgery helped .
Last edited by StarfireXO on Wed May 30, 2018 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
StarfireXO

Post by StarfireXO »

Dr Conway does treat men!
stephanies

Post by stephanies »

I think that there are many doctors equally qualified to do a PN surgery. A successful outcome, in my opinion, is more a function of whether or not your PN pain is from something that can be treated surgically, like an entrapment. If it is, then the result of surgery with any of surgeons will likely be good and, if not, the surgery will not be a success no matter who does it.
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.

Return to “SURGERY”