PGAD - persistent genital arousal disorder

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN

Re: PGAD - persistent genital arousal disorder

Postby Violet M » Wed May 17, 2017 6:01 am

Thanks for the update, Ally. Hopefully ice cream isn't one of your trigger foods. ;)

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Violet M

Postby David456 » Thu May 18, 2017 9:01 am

Violet M wrote:Thanks for the update, Ally. Hopefully ice cream isn't one of your trigger foods. ;)

Violet

Excellent advice! :D
David456

Postby coz69x » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:33 pm

Hi, I posted a few weeks back & I wanted to leave some positivity.
I am no longer pregnant, unfortunately however I am now on 600mg pregabalin & 50mg amitriptyline.. I am wanting to wean off.. I have been in treatment with a professor who looked at my urine under a telescope & he said I had a embedded UTI.. & this was not IC - I am now on treatment for that & my pgad is seriously reduced.
I am almost myself again.
X
coz69x

Postby sg300 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:07 pm

coz69x wrote:Hi, I posted a few weeks back & I wanted to leave some positivity.
I am no longer pregnant, unfortunately however I am now on 600mg pregabalin & 50mg amitriptyline.. I am wanting to wean off.. I have been in treatment with a professor who looked at my urine under a telescope & he said I had a embedded UTI.. & this was not IC - I am now on treatment for that & my pgad is seriously reduced.
I am almost myself again.
X

Hi coz69x,
Great that you are experiencing a reduction of symptoms. Can I ask what the treatment for the embedded UTI is? Is it a course of antibiotics?
sg300

Postby Summer70 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:47 pm

Hi everyone!

It's mad how many people have this problem yet it's still barely recognised?!? I have had PGAD since the end of 2012 when I moved house (stresss!!) I have been on and off SSRI citalopram for years for anxiety but have been off it again for 5 months..
tried Oxybutin (spelling?!? :roll: ) gabapentin & amitriptaline with no luck.. although I thought it was bad until I recently have had a mega flare up and I cannot bare it at the moment Its the same Or if not, worse than when it first began..I just want to go to sleep for a few months! Lol. So interested to hear from those who have been "cured" as such. Also trying to make an appointment with Dr D Goldmeier in london again!
Xx
Summer70

Postby Violet M » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:37 am

Hi Summer,

I love that name -- makes me fell happy inside. :)

You wanted to hear from someone who is cured. I am pretty much cured. Once in a blue moon I have twinges of that same old feeling but I hardly ever think about it anymore. I do remember wishing for sleep back when the PGAD was bad -- just to get away from it. Do you ever have any pain, or just PGAD?

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Violet M

Postby Krl410 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:31 am

After a few years of feeling like crap with the PGAD(off and on), I have heard great things about Dr. Echenberg in PA. It took a few months, but my insurance agreed to cover visits to see him for the next few months.
I'm really hoping he can help me.
Krl410

PGAD

Postby Laurina » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:09 am

I came across a blog article that was really well-written:

https://tonic.vice.com/en_us/article/d3 ... iving-hell
Laurina

Postby Summer70 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:04 pm

Violet M wrote:Hi Summer,

I love that name -- makes me fell happy inside. :)

You wanted to hear from someone who is cured. I am pretty much cured. Once in a blue moon I have twinges of that same old feeling but I hardly ever think about it anymore. I do remember wishing for sleep back when the PGAD was bad -- just to get away from it. Do you ever have any pain, or just PGAD?

Violet

Thank you!

Mainly PGAD. I've had a huge amount of stress in the last 6 weeks including being vitamin b12 deficient which causes
Nerve problems as well and it's flared up again so much I can't bear it... after years I had kinda got
"Used" to it and I feel like I'm at Day 1 again :( it's so tough. Also when it's bad it's almost on your
Mind 24/7 and that's worse because good way of dealing with it I being distracted but it's almost
Too bad to do anything to distract myself!!' Sad!:( x
Summer70

Postby Violet M » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:53 am

Is there anything that helps dampen the symptoms, like ice or lidocaine? I know one woman who uses salon pas patches to dampen the symptoms.

Violet
Violet M

PreviousNext

Return to CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA