PGAD - persistent genital arousal disorder

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN

Re: PGAD - persistent genital arousal disorder

Postby Aple2017 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:46 am

Thank you! I guess it is not that then. I do not have severe pain but I do have hypersensitivity which if course borders with pain. Anyway going to the Netherlands soon to find out if my pelvic floor muscles are too tight. Which of course us weird considering I had a baby.
Aple2017

Postby Violet M » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:55 am

Good luck with your trip to the Netherlands. I would be interested to hear how it goes for you.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Violet M

Postby sadie » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:53 am

Aple2017
Hi sorry to hear you are having problems :cry: . Yes giving birth can irritate the pudendal nerve. You are not alone. There is a member here on the forum that had sever pgad after giving birth. That was years ago, and she is not 100% now, but she is lots better, as I just spoke with her last week. Nerves take time to heal and what this journey has taught me is ' patients" . I am sure you will find the right doctor and between others stories here on the forum, and a great doctor that really listens you, will be on your way. Hope you are better soon Sadie
2007-2010 anitriptyline for PN, 2010 it caused severe dystonia
2010 PNB w steroids caused severe PGAD
11-2010 St Josephs NH. , ketamine drip, meds etc to stop nerve from firing, nothing worked
11-2010 - 3-2011 Elliott Hosp. Pain Manag. Center , 16 PNB w/ lidocane did not work
3-2011 bilateral TG surg., w/ Dr. Conway
12-2011 3TMRI, Dr. Potter, rt side nerve re-entrapped w/ scar tissue
3-2013 rt side re-do surgery w/ Dr. Hibner for PGAD
sadie

Postby Aple2017 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:37 pm

Hi sadie, thank you so much for the encouraging words. Along with seeing someone in the Netherlands I found a gynecologist who was willing to listen and although she could not help she referred me to another colleague of gers. Meanehile she prescribed a numbing gel that helps with the sensitivity. I do hope it gets better and I am trying to stay positive and concentrate on my healthy baby. I will write the results of my appointment in the Netherlands. Thank you so much for the support.
Aple2017

Postby Aple2017 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:23 pm

Sadie, do you know if her friend did anything about it or did it go away on its own?
Aple2017

Postby sadie » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:42 pm

Aple so sorry i am late in getting back to you as i understand when you are suffering every second is like a decade , so i am sending with a hug...i left a voice message on Wendys cell about your questions , and sent a copy of this thread, to the forum member that i was talking about so you cold pick her brain directly . Her name is Wendy7 if you want to PM her , but I do not know how often she goes on the forum. so hold tight ...Sadie
2007-2010 anitriptyline for PN, 2010 it caused severe dystonia
2010 PNB w steroids caused severe PGAD
11-2010 St Josephs NH. , ketamine drip, meds etc to stop nerve from firing, nothing worked
11-2010 - 3-2011 Elliott Hosp. Pain Manag. Center , 16 PNB w/ lidocane did not work
3-2011 bilateral TG surg., w/ Dr. Conway
12-2011 3TMRI, Dr. Potter, rt side nerve re-entrapped w/ scar tissue
3-2013 rt side re-do surgery w/ Dr. Hibner for PGAD
sadie

Postby Aple2017 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:02 am

Hi Sadie,

Thank you so much for the reply and your support. I will try contacting her as soon as I am back home. I have an appointment with the physical therapist today and will update as soon as I know.
Aple2017

Postby Aple2017 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:37 pm

I had my almost 3 hour appointment with a pelvic floor therapist received so much information. First of my tail bone is shifted to the left (which she repositioned). I also have tight pelivic floor muscles and especilly deep in the posterior area and deep in the muscles to the left. If tight pelvic muscle caused my tailbone to shift or the shift caused the pelvic muscles to tense up is not known. That is why I experience all the symptoms. However, she said that tight pelvic floor is common postpartum. She could not determine either my pudendal nerve was damaged or not. She said that it could be irritated from giving birth and that I should wait for a month or two and then to contact her again. If the issue still persists, she will refer me to a doctor who can perform a PN block. Meanwhile I will try to find a pelvic floor therapist here in Germany and see if this helps. I did not ask her directly if I have PGAD or not as this is not my priority and I view it as a symptom of something bigger. I think that tight pelvic floor muscles can cause these sensations in my clitoral area.
Aple2017

Postby Aple2017 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:48 pm

The reason why she could not conclude PN is because I do not have pain. She did say that it could be irritated during childbirth. I pushed my son out very quickly -- 20 minutes.
Aple2017

Postby Violet M » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:06 am

In my experience, pudendal neuropathy can cause symptoms of PGAD without causing pain. There was a period of about 3 months that I had PGAD without pain, but eventually it developed into pain too.

I hope PT helps you.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Violet M

PreviousNext

Return to CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA