really need some help

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
clo236

Re: really need some help

Post by clo236 »

Hi Guys, I've only had one hour of sleep. How could I be guaranteed though that this PGAD would go away on the pregabalin? As it wasn't helping much for pain in the end. I don't know what to do :(. I can't sleep at all this hypersensitivity down below is killing me. I actually can't take those antidepressants along with pregabalin as I am already on lexapro for anxiety. Thanks Chlo xxx
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Clo, it wouldn't be a guarantee that pregbalin will help you again but it seems worth a try since it helped you before. When you see the physician on Thursday, you could describe the symptoms as pain since PGAD is considered a pain syndrome by some doctors. If you do mention PGAD, have those articles printed out from the newsletter to take along with you so they won't think you are a freak. Sorry, I've seen too many doctors who just don't get it.

You really need something to help you sleep. I used clonazepam to help me sleep. There is a good article on it being used for neuropathic pain. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0042100/
You could take a copy of this with you and tell your doctor you aren't able to sleep at night. It they won't prescribe clonazepam, maybe they would give you something like soma, or an opioid like tramadol. I just think it's really important to be able to sleep to get away from the symptoms for awhile.

Lexapro helped dampen my PGAD symptoms quite a bit so I wouldn't just abruptly quit it if I were you. If you want to try switching to a different antidepressant, you would want to do it very carefully and slowly under supervision by a physician. I took an entire year to wean off Lexapro.

Good luck with your appointment tomorrow.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
clo236

Post by clo236 »

Is putting ice down there bad for the nerve?
Patty

Post by Patty »

The ice will help numb the pain but be sure to protect your skin, ice can burn more than heat. Has someone told you that you can't take nortriptylene and or Cymbalata with leXapro? If so this is not the case sorry to say.
clo236

Post by clo236 »

Hi Patty and Violet,

The doctors went well, I printed out the PGAD sheets and gave them to her, she said it sounded horrific, increased my dose of gabapentin and gave me tramadol which is good. I was just told that I couldn't take amitryptyline and pregabalin together so I'd had to change to gabapentin.

I AM SUCH AN IDIOT, I was lying on my friends bed and I had a pair of keys in my hand, not very heavy but Id dropped them on my pubic bone :(, could that cause furtehr damage to the nerve. I can't believe that this happened, I just don't want that arousal to get worse :(

Thanks Chlo xxx
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Hey Clo, glad your appointment went well and I hope the new meds help. I really doubt the keys would have done any permanent damage especially if they weren't very heavy. Guessing you will be fine. ;)

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”