Involuntary painful erection during sleep

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
Simplechesscode

Re: Involuntary painful erection during sleep

Post by Simplechesscode »

I have the same issue. And those are not normal type of night erections. They came fast and 3x stronger than normal, and I cant move when I wake up because of perineum muscle spasms and pain... Even a blanket on my penis or a little touch can maintain that erection for 2 hours sometimes. Normally when pain wakes me up I release everything from my penis and breath slowly and wait about 15 minutes when it passes... In the morning i wake up in strong perineal pain and exhausted.
My working diagnose is PN but not confirmed. I have classic PN symptoms.
My theory is that pudendal nerve is hypersensitive...
Anyone got some idea about this?
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Well, your theory makes sense because the pudendal nerve (dorsal branch) innervates the penis and plays a major role in erections. You could try taking an antidepressant medication that is known to dampen sexual arousal but if you do, be careful because antidepressants are powerful drugs and when you decide to discontinue them you need to wean off slowly. I took lexapro for similar symptoms (only female) and when I finally discontinued the medication I took a year to slowly wean off of it.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Simplechesscode

Post by Simplechesscode »

Thank you very much Violet on your answer.
For now those erections are making my symptoms of PN 30% worse because of lot of tension on pelvic floor muscles...
I would ask everyone, do you feel constant pain on touch in perineal area?
I will try with antideppressants, but also with benzodiazepins as Valium what do you think?
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Yes, if you have a lot of tension in the muscles valium might be helpful. I used clonazepam which is also a benzo but also has some anti-seizure properties and helped lessen the shocks that woke me up at night. I helped me get at least a few hours of sleep a night.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”