How many Dr's do I have to see??

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
ILuvNY6921

How many Dr's do I have to see??

Post by ILuvNY6921 »

Hi Everyone, This all started the first week in July when I went for my regular annual exam with my primary. I felt great and had lost 20 lbs. My bloodwork was great, except I’ll never forget the Dr. asked me if I was feeling ok. I said yes, why? He said no big deal, but your WBC count is slightly high. I asked if that’s something I should be concerned with, and he said no. Then onto the second week. I was at work (administrative asst- sitting most of the day) when as I turned in my chair, I could feel a sense of something going on down in my genital area. Almost like a twinge or quick electric current (don't know how else to describe) under my right vag labia? (I don't even know my parts names....lol). It didn't really hurt and was quick, and only when I moved in my chair. This went on for a few weeks, and it started to now annoy me and happen more often. I was now feeling like it was getting more irritating as I sat in bed, chair, car, etc. By the end of the third week I thought I should see a doctor. I thought maybe there was a UTI brewing. I went to my primary on a Wed after work and brought my urine sample with me, as I work in healthcare and had a container, conveniently. She didn't look down there because the urine sample had an "elevated" WBC. She prescribed me antibiotics and said she would call me Friday with further results (urine being sent to a lab). They call Friday to say stop taking the antibiotics. I asked them to please have oncall Dr. call me since it is getting more irritating (burning and inflamed feeling). The doctor calls back and says keep taking the antibiotics because you do have an infection. Well, I said to myself, these people don't know anything. Two days later, I went to see my OB-GYN group and this Dr. looked down there and said there were some white patches (she described it as she said "almost like a Michael Jackson thing"). She then prescribed me Clinesse steroid cream, and was told to take Oatmeal baths, and she diagnosed me with Vulvitis. The next day was the worse day ever....I was burning so much that I wanted to kill myself. I just kept walking around my kitchen table crying. I then called the GYN dr. on call. She said to get Lotrimin cream and use with the other cream. I did, and felt 90% better the next morning. As I started my day, I went back down to 60% better. Five days later, I went back to GYN, and she looked again, said white patches gone, everything looked normal, and said in all her years in practice, she's never seen someone with my symptoms. That made me feel like crap for sure. She now gives me a paper (doesn't even verbally tell me) saying I have Vulvodynia. Well, that was devastating to me, as I have had plenty of time day and night researching the web for anything it could be. But, the oncall dr. says I don't have that because my symptom was "Acute". So, I ditch this group because I don't think they know anything. My boyfriend thinks I should listen to whatever the Dr's say. Now, through a friend’s referral to a new GYN, It is now 5-6 weeks of symptoms of burning and inflammation that weekly have been getting better, but I still feel it and want to know what it is, and if it will come back full blown once again. Also, I’m still using a theraseat at work, can’t have sex, or exercise, without it hurting. She takes cultures and pap smear. She goes to her office while I'm there, and comes back and says my WBC is elevated and she prescribed me a cream that you squirt up your Vajayjay. So, for almost six weeks I've scoured the internet and found this Pudendal Neuralgia. I am now wondering if I have this because now that the majority of burning and inflammation has diminished quite a bit, when I'm laying in bed and my sciatica acts up....my genital area acts up with it with slight burning and then goes away when I turn over, or put a pillow folded between my legs. Any thoughts on this? Has anyone experience the same?
Violet M

Re: How many Dr's do I have to see??

Post by Violet M »

I've experienced some of the same things but some different things. The pain was somewhat positional for me and it helped to sleep with a pillow between my knees. I also had sciatica. Since your pain is somewhat positional and you are experiencing sciatica, it might make sense to go to a pelvic physical therapist who is knowledgeable about the pelvis including pudendal neuralgia and pelvic pain. There are some excellent choices of PT's in NY -- if that's where you are from. I was actually diagnosed by a pelvic floor PT when the docs didn't have a clue what was going on.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”