Pain and pregnancy/being a mom

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
ouch270216

Pain and pregnancy/being a mom

Post by ouch270216 »

Hello I'm just posting for some advice
I've had pudendal pain ,chronic pelvic pain disorder and ibs for about 10 years now, for about 6 months I've found ways to be able to manage my pain, I still have awful flares that debilitate me but for the most part I'm doing well with a mixture of medication and self help pain relief techniques I'm managing to live a almost normal life,I'm not like a normal 22 year old but so much better then how I used to be.
I've been thinking about having a baby but at the same time I'm not sure if the pregnancy would undo all the hard work I've done to have more of a life,I'm also not sure how I will be if I need to come off my medication for the pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Has anyone on here with pudendal nerve pain had a baby? If you have how has it effected you and what's it like for you to be a mom with chronic pain?
Violet M

Re: Pain and pregnancy/being a mom

Post by Violet M »

If you type "pregnancy" into the search bar in the upper right you will find quite a few posts on this topic. There are women with PN who have had successful pregnancies and raised children but I think it would definitely be a challenge.

I can see how the medications would be a problem. Even if there are some that are considered safe it would still make you a little nervous. Maybe ice, heat, and topical meds could help you get through the pregnancy. I guess that would be a good question to ask your physician.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
ouch270216

Re: Pain and pregnancy/being a mom

Post by ouch270216 »

Thank you so much for your reply I will have a look! :) xxx

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”