??s over Surgeon in Bristol UK

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
Rosemary

??s over Surgeon in Bristol UK

Post by Rosemary »

Recommend anyone in UK thinking of pudendal surgery to read the BBC Papers review website for today. There is an article in the Guardian re concerns about a Bristol surgeon and pelvic surgery. It mainly covers rectal surgery but this surgeon has also done pudendal surgery.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... hony-dixon

Rosemary
aussie

Re: ??s over Surgeon in Bristol UK

Post by aussie »

Patients in the UK should be aware that Anthony Dixon that is the subject of 100’s of complaints from patients that have been needlessly offered surgery is a key member with Dr.Greenslade of the Bristol Pudendal surgery team.

The Bristol PN surgery team has been trained in France by Prof.Robert and they follow the Nantes protocol endorsed by this forum.
mod3

Post by mod3 »

Aussie, no form of treatment and no physicians are endorsed by this forum or by Health Organization for Pudendal Education. Please see the first sentence at the top of the list of doctors. http://www.pudendalhope.info/node/57

You can look Anthony Dixon up in the UK List of Registered Medical Practitioners for the UK. https://www.gmc-uk.org/doctors/register/LRMP.asp There are several Anthony Dixons listed and I don't know which one it is. Maybe you can research that for other patients reading this thread, Aussie. If a physician has disciplinary actions by the Medical Board listed against them, we can, as per our agreement with the US government (the IRS), choose not to list them. Otherwise, we list any board certified physician who wants to be listed. In order to be a 501c3 charitable organization we are required by the government to have a uniform policy on who we list and and we don't. We have to abide by that policy.

One of the purposes of this forum is for patients to post their stories and share information about their experiences. In the terms of use for the forum, patients agree to be truthful; however, I think we all know that not everyone is honest, unfortunately. I think most people who read this forum understand that it is a form of social media.

Violet
aussie

Post by aussie »

Violet, sadly Dr.Anthony Dixon is the PN surgeon that is referred in that article. A fact that you could have found in a few minutes of research. But as you wrote eloquently in a previous thread:

"But not once did I blame the physician for it"

Those amazing PN-aware physicians are working tirelessly to help us and patients should abstain from voicing the slightest critic --even in the case of blatant fraud.

We get it. Blame the patient.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Well, Aussie, you can't take one statement out of context and use it to put words in my mouth. No one is blaming the patient.

There is no way we can keep track of every media story about every PN physician. We have to rely on patients who come on this forum as Rosemary did. The way Rosemary did it is correct -- just post the facts. If you want to help out a little, Aussie, maybe you can do some of the research on physicians for us and keep us updated on all of them. That would be awesome! Everyone who helps with this forum is a volunteer. No one gets paid for helping out on this forum.

If a physician is blatantly being verbally abusive of patients or is found to be negligent or purposefully harming patients by the medical board, that is a completely different ball of wax than someone just not liking a physician's personality or thinking their facility is too plain, or complaining that a particular treatment did not work for them. Some diseases can't be cured. So do we blame a doctor if they can't cure your cancer? PN is a difficult condition to treat just as cancer is. No doctor can know everything or cure everything.

No one said you can't criticize physicians on this forum. But you can't call them "slimy" like the person in that thread you are referring to did. You have to be respectful on this forum. You can be factual without being snarky or nasty. If you are going to accuse a physician of fraud, you had better have some facts to back it up.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”