levator ani injection

Nerve blocks using many techniques, and medications - options discussed in detail
Patience

Re: levator ani injection

Post by Patience »

Hi Helen,
Today my DH is going to have several injections of kenalog and botox to the levator ani muscle. I've been praying that it will allow the muscle to "reset" itself back to normal. If this doesn't work, he will try acupuncture as I read a post on a doctor's website that this can sometimes help. He was also given some herbs to "drink" but stopped them due to today's procedure. He'll continue after a few days. I know that botox usually takes anywhere from 7 to 10 days to begin relaxing the muscle. I pray it will be sooner than that.

Thank you for the warm welcome ;-)
~Nancy
helenlegs 11

Re: levator ani injection

Post by helenlegs 11 »

I have had botox Nancy, it was into my piriformis muscle. It did relax the muscle itself and I felt the tight band of pain was much easier on the botoxed side (only got the worst side done) Hope it works as well for your husband for muscle pain :) I could still feel the beneficial effects 5 months later although they did start to taper after maybe 3 months. It was the only thing to have helped me apart from medication.
Good luck and let us know how he fairs.
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.

Return to “NERVE BLOCKS”